New member, and owner of an X300 in the UK.

HorseBoxGuy

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve just joined, but have used this forum and it’s useful bits from google searches.

My pride and joy is this 1997 XJ6 Sport in Aquamarine.

I purchased it in December 2020, and have been tinkering with it so far. It had the mesh grille, the X308 headlight upgrade, a spotless leather interior and a full stainless Sportex exhaust system. It’s covered ~113,000 miles, and has been well looked after.

I have upgraded the headlights to LED so far, and have just done the centre console LED upgrade. I’ve upgraded to a modern Bluetooth head unit and upgraded the speakers all round, and added a small sub in the boot.

There are a few jobs on my list, there is a squeak from the NSF suspension. I’ve lubed all the bushes with no difference made, and am thinking of replacing the dampers all round, as well as renewing the springs as they are showing their age a bit.

There are a couple of small areas of rust which I will be tackling in the summer, and will document progress on here as I do. It needs the two rear arches filling and smoothing, and there’s a previous repair to the OSF wing that needs redoing and repainting. There’s also a small are of lacquer peel on one sill which I’ll be respirating too.

Brakes are in good condition, but I’ve found some very cheap discs and pads for the front, so I’ll be fitting them soon.

I’ve been buying bushes and bits to renew the front suspension when I’m working on it, as I think the antiroll bar link bushes need replacing. The rear anti roll bar links need replacing as they are corroded, so I’ll be doing that this week (it has the sports suspension).

NM_OLD

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve just joined, but have used this forum and it’s useful bits from google searches.

My pride and joy is this 1997 XJ6 Sport in Aquamarine.

I purchased it in December 2020, and have been tinkering with it so far. It had the mesh grille, the X308 headlight upgrade, a spotless leather interior and a full stainless Sportex exhaust system. It’s covered ~113,000 miles, and has been well looked after.

I have upgraded the headlights to LED so far, and have just done the centre console LED upgrade. I’ve upgraded to a modern Bluetooth head unit and upgraded the speakers all round, and added a small sub in the boot.

There are a few jobs on my list, there is a squeak from the NSF suspension. I’ve lubed all the bushes with no difference made, and am thinking of replacing the dampers all round, as well as renewing the springs as they are showing their age a bit.

There are a couple of small areas of rust which I will be tackling in the summer, and will document progress on here as I do. It needs the two rear arches filling and smoothing, and there’s a previous repair to the OSF wing that needs redoing and repainting. There’s also a small are of lacquer peel on one sill which I’ll be respirating too.

Brakes are in good condition, but I’ve found some very cheap discs and pads for the front, so I’ll be fitting them soon.

I’ve been buying bushes and bits to renew the front suspension when I’m working on it, as I think the antiroll bar link bushes need replacing. The rear anti roll bar links need replacing as they are corroded, so I’ll be doing that this week (it has the sports suspension).
Hello, good evening and welcome (back) - I love the colour

HorseBoxGuy

Reaction score
Thanks!
It wouldn’t have been my first choice if I’m honest, but I love it now I own it. Most of the ones I saw in this colour had the cloth interior, but this one has a great condition oatmeal leather interior. I’ve machine polished it and it gleams in the sun!