Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Recently became the owner of an early 2012 XJL Portfolio (diesel). Really impressed with the car. Previously had an A8L which, whilst it had the security of 4WD, was from a different age technology wise.

Having owned the car for a week, I am trying to get to grips with how to connect my iPhone 7. I have paired it with bluetooth and that is fine, I can make calls and stream music no problem BUT, I want to connect it via the iPod connection so I can use playlists, search for music etc with my phone neatly hidden in the centre console. When I connect it to the iPod socket, music plays for 10-15 seconds then goes silent. The phone believes it is still playing as the elapsed time/remaining time are changing but no sound comes out after the initial few seconds. I do still need to be able to make/receive phone calls. Anybody have this combination and can advise as to what I am doing wrong (either on the car or the phone).

Many thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you connect to the ipod socket, are you then changing the setting on the dash? Go to "audio" you will see "my music". Then you have the choice between cd, ipod, Bluetooth etc. Should be set to ipod when connected via cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you connect to the ipod socket, are you then changing the setting on the dash? Go to "audio" you will see "my music". Then you have the choice between cd, ipod, Bluetooth etc. Should be set to ipod when connected via cable.
Hi there,

Yes, I select the source of iPod which has the name of my phone next to it. It is also connected to bluetooth. When I play a track, it works fine but then goes silent after 10-15 seconds.
I'm wondering if there is a conflict between the same device being bluetooth and cable connected but I still need the bluetooth for phone calls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you tried switching off Bluetooth on phone, connect for music via ipod connection, confirm music plays normally, then, whilst still connected, switch Bluetooth back on?

I use old ipod for music via cable connection, but use android phone via Bluetooth for calls, however I can use phone for music and calls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can only have one or the other really. By using the ipod socket, you're kind of fooling the car into thinking the phone is a pod. To do it this way you'll need to switch the blutooth off, or wipe it from the cars system, thus loosing the phone features. There might be something in the settings to overcome it, but i'll have to check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use my iPhone 7+ in this way all the time - I connect the cable from the USB (iPod selected as source) and once the music starts I then activate the Bluetooth on the phone, very occasionally I have to go to the car phone screen and select my phone but the vast majority of the time it just works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.