Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening gentlemen

I have been the proud owner of an XJ 350 for over three years now - and a serial lurker on the forum for some time!

I have always been impressed by the friendliness, quality and informative nature of the discussion on the board, and so I have decided to take the plunge and start posting myself.

I am a massive fan of both the XJ 350 and 358, and always get a warm glow whenever I get into mine. It's just such a nice place to be and a very beautiful car to look at. To me, the 350/358 is almost a work of art and just such a lovely thing to own.

Of course, you guys know all this so I won't go on - but I look forward to posting on the forum and hopefully chatting to some of you in future.

All the best,

Westminster

· Banned
7,619 Posts
A very sincere welcome to the Forum Westminster , I am a big fan of the X350 , its a fantastic car in all its guises ,
looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences , do you have the Diesel or the Petrol and which Model ?

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Indeed, Welcome my friend :-D.

Do try to update your signature with your car details.
In fact, when you get the chance, add all the profile information.

If you're able - show a piccy or two.....we're all suckers for a piccy of a Jaguar.......

Phil.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mine's a 350 TDVi Sovereign, in indigo blue. Sorry, I know that some of you guys aren't diesel fans but it's still a lovely motor, very nicely spec'd with piped cream leather, walnut trimmed steering wheel, rear entertainment, Seprangs and so on.

The car gets a lot of admiring glances and compliments as well, which I must admit I do enjoy. They're just such imposing and handsome cars though - although I know you fellas don't need me to tell you that.

Ps. Phil, excuse my ignorance but how do I add the details to my signature?

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi there Westminster, welcome to the madhouse.

Signature. .. go to 'Settings' at the top of the page on the right; that will take you to a new page with 'My Settings' on the left. Go to 'Edit Signature' and ...

Cheers just now

Partick (as in Partick Thistle), real name Dave
in Thornbury Gloucestershire

· Premium Member
17,945 Posts
Welcome aboard Westminster, good to have you here with us....

Showing your love for the X350 / X358 will get you lots of brownie points around here :-D

We all love them too.

To help us top help you and everyone else moving forward get your signature details sorted sooner rather than later, you can check ours for ideas if you're stuck.
Also obligatory to post at least a couple of pics of your baby and show her off as often as possible :mrgreen:

See you around.....

Jim

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your warm words gentlemen, much appreciated. Signature updated as requested.

Jim - I'm a big fan of your 'work done' thread by the way, your 358 really is a beauty. Your 'just looking' thread on the 351 board is a bit worrying though, don't go over to the dark side!

(only joking, I know the 351 is a great car, they just don't do it for me in the same way as the 350/358 though)

· Registered
225 Posts
welcome . Indigo, cream sepangs,..wowzer .. no wonder you love it !

· Premium Member
17,945 Posts
Thank you for your warm words gentlemen, much appreciated. Signature updated as requested.

Jim - I'm a big fan of your 'work done' thread by the way, your 358 really is a beauty. Your 'just looking' thread on the 351 board is a bit worrying though, don't go over to the dark side!

(only joking, I know the 351 is a great car, they just don't do it for me in the same way as the 350/358 though)
Thanks for the kudos on my "work done" thread, really appreciated

It's just a snapshot in time of the car as she was and as she is now, a nice little history along the way of pretty much anything of any consequence done to the car, anything bought, any service etc etc. That in conjunction with my excel spreadsheet and receipts etc tell the story that anyone who's asking wants to see, so much more than a stamp in a book IMO at least.

I'd hazard a guess we may see your very own ownership thread here at some point once you get a chance??

Yes I'm looking at the X351, only as mine gets a little older with quite a few more miles on her, I cover around 15k - 20k per year, she's at 126k miles so time for a wee change I think perhaps.
I WILL miss my X358 at that time, love her to bits and she gets so many comments and compliments as yours all do too I'm sure

The XJ X351 isn't as se xy imo and not as classy in that regard either, but definitely a lovely car and one I will fall in love with I'm sure, but you're right, my heart will probably always belong to the 358

Looking forward to the pics when you post them!!
Indigo and cream interior is a lovely combination and one I'm looking at too

Jim

· Premium Member
2,031 Posts
My first choice would have been indigo and piped cream/champagne/ivory soft leather too.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kudos on my "work done" thread, really appreciated

It's just a snapshot in time of the car as she was and as she is now, a nice little history along the way of pretty much anything of any consequence done to the car, anything bought, any service etc etc. That in conjunction with my excel spreadsheet and receipts etc tell the story that anyone who's asking wants to see, so much more than a stamp in a book IMO at least.

I'd hazard a guess we may see your very own ownership thread here at some point once you get a chance??

Yes I'm looking at the X351, only as mine gets a little older with quite a few more miles on her, I cover around 15k - 20k per year, she's at 126k miles so time for a wee change I think perhaps.
I WILL miss my X358 at that time, love her to bits and she gets so many comments and compliments as yours all do too I'm sure

The XJ X351 isn't as se xy imo and not as classy in that regard either, but definitely a lovely car and one I will fall in love with I'm sure, but you're right, my heart will probably always belong to the 358

Looking forward to the pics when you post them!!
Indigo and cream interior is a lovely combination and one I'm looking at too

Jim
Thanks, Jim.

I try to look after mine, keep it clean, tidy and well serviced, etc. but the level of attention you give your XJ really is impressive. The car's a credit to you, mate. It's gorgeous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.