New Tesla style screens for Jaguars

Sailor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I think you're correct MrKis... if this is being fitted to a non-touchscreen vehicle then the climate control panel would need to be replaced by a remote climate control module (RCCM). Just a case of taking the connectors from the control panel and plugging into the RCCM. This would ofcourse already be present in vehicles fitted with the original Jaguar touchscreen and is usually located down the side of the heater matrix.

The RCCM sits on the CANbus and interfaces with the climate control systems and sensors.
Morning all,
I've spent far too much time looking at these things, and learned far more than I really want or need to know...
However...
H507c74034d564661b74d02c238ffd2ceo.jpg

Think the magic is in the little interface box that comes with the tablet.

Mark B.

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Morning all,
I've spent far too much time looking at these things, and learned far more than I really want or need to know...
However...
View attachment 39639

Think the magic is in the little interface box that comes with the tablet.

Mark B.
So the connectors that normally plug into the rccm plug into the back of this?

Sailor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
So the connectors that normally plug into the rccm plug into the back of this?
Dennis is your man for this, Mark. He’s fitted several. But as far as I can see, the lead that plugs into the back of the climate panel plugs into the CANBus coder/decoder. The D2B fibre goes into the same interface for premium sound, along with a couple of phonos – audio out from the panel into the interface.

I have not seen this in real life!!!

I have a hankering to give it a try though. Just as the DamDroid starts working properly, this comes along.

There’s been huge discussion on our cousin’s JaguarForums mostly on the XF and XK(X150) Forums took me a while to read it.

Looks like it’s marmite. Also it’s a very new product, with little or no support, so it’s a case of figuring it out as you go.

There were issues with the GUI – temperatures in the wrong units that you couldn’t change, heated steering wheel control either missing or difficult to drill down to. That sort of thing.

If the suppliers had access to the programming team then should all have been an easy fix.

Dunno about the DAB unit and the D2B MOST Gateway, or the ACM. Dunno about the rear seat pack.

But there’s the thing, in the nearly ten years we’ve had the car, we’ve never used them – except for the DAB, that gets used all the time.

If it works alright, then it will probably be internet radio to replace the DAB functionality.

Odd thought, is it possible to lead a cable down into the footwell behind the glove box through where the pollen filter is? Just thinking of the GPS Receiver/Antenna.

Sorry for the ramble.

All the best

Mark B.

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Dennis is your man for this, Mark. He’s fitted several. But as far as I can see, the lead that plugs into the back of the climate panel plugs into the CANBus coder/decoder. The D2B fibre goes into the same interface for premium sound, along with a couple of phonos – audio out from the panel into the interface.

I have not seen this in real life!!!

I have a hankering to give it a try though. Just as the DamDroid starts working properly, this comes along.

There’s been huge discussion on our cousin’s JaguarForums mostly on the XF and XK(X150) Forums took me a while to read it.

Looks like it’s marmite. Also it’s a very new product, with little or no support, so it’s a case of figuring it out as you go.

There were issues with the GUI – temperatures in the wrong units that you couldn’t change, heated steering wheel control either missing or difficult to drill down to. That sort of thing.

If the suppliers had access to the programming team then should all have been an easy fix.

Dunno about the DAB unit and the D2B MOST Gateway, or the ACM. Dunno about the rear seat pack.

But there’s the thing, in the nearly ten years we’ve had the car, we’ve never used them – except for the DAB, that gets used all the time.

If it works alright, then it will probably be internet radio to replace the DAB functionality.

Odd thought, is it possible to lead a cable down into the footwell behind the glove box through where the pollen filter is? Just thinking of the GPS Receiver/Antenna.

Sorry for the ramble.

All the best

Mark B.
Thanks for the info Mark. As interesting as this is, I've never had an issue with JagDroid in the 3.5 years I've had it installed and prefer the original look in the dash, and the way it preserves all the original functionality alongside all the extra features of Android.

As you say, marmite.

jaguaruk

Reaction score
doesn't matter if you have non nav screen or nav it has been tested with both plug and play for xj owners no modifications needed