Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saying a quick hello as an introduction to finding my way around the forums - especially interested in "how to" threads to keep the motor running well! :)

So I have bought a black 2006 2.0 diesel estate X-Type with R2 badge.
Got to say, I am actually really disappointed with the level of spec on the car.
Changed from an older Mondeo ghia estate that was far better kitted out (including bigger boot size), and even considering getting it back on the road despite it having nearly twice the mileage on the clock. Just need to find out where the coolant is going, which is now EXACTLY the same issue I have on the jag after 2 days of ownership!!!
Having to drive with loads of water to keep topping up! :(

So I will be looking for threads to retrofit the following -
  • Cruise Control
  • Trip Computer
  • 6 CD changer
  • Heated Seats
  • Rear Parking Sensors (the sensors are there, but nothing inside the cab as per page 114 of owners guide)
  • Auto wipers
  • Decent rear view mirror, not cheap replacement
  • Folding Mirrors
  • Ability to connect my phone - must be some updates available to allow for phones newer than 2006!!

Been looking at a few forums already and when pictures are included, there seems to be a lot of "upgrade account" messages displayed instead of images. Any clues?

If I can get some of the retro fits done, I'll be happy to keep her and hopefully enjoy driving the big puddy cat around! ;-)

Daveboy67

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jim :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

Hi Daveboy67,
Welcome to the website and forum.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here ( like TeapotTony and PigletJohn ) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Dave. Sounds like you have a pretty basic car so retrofitting all the goodies will be possible, to a degree, but tiresome.
Please update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box for future reference.

Roger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Roger :) - Signature strip updated now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.