Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying change the clock bulb in my 2005 xj vandan plas ,iv watched some videos on how change the blub in a 2000 to about 2004 , where the wood dash was in three pieces ,, but my dash wood trim is in 1piece all the way over to the airbag. I have the piece poped lose but I can seem get it out because the radio with the horse collar leather piece. help please !

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Tigman welcome to the forum.
Someone will be along shortly to help.

Roger

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Hi Tigman,
Welcome to the website and forum.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here ( like TeapotTony and PigletJohn ) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
changed plugs an oil, now for clock bulb, thanks for any help in advance,

I called jaguar in Cincinnati ohio they say have order the bulb its like 4 dollars an something 20 bucks shipping an takes 2 hours at 150 an hour, for them to install it guess i'l just look my clock phone lol

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
You have to release the floor consul (Gear selector surround) and then remove the horseshoe surround to release the facia panel.

Roger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after researching few things, not sure I need worry about the blub burned out.since its a 3 hour fix at the dealership,an that might cause the clockspring to go bad in the process of taking the console out an reinstalling the clock.what i'm wondering is does my guartz clock have this clock spring part#c2p20958? thanks for all the help in advance

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
The Clock Spring is on the steering wheel which does not need to be removed. The clock is just a an electric clock. Once the facia is removed and the clock plug disconnected the clock can be removed. However there does not appear to be a bulb accessible from the outside so my guess is that it is on the clock circuit board which means a soldering job. That is just my opinion though.

Roger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I watched u tube video how replace blub in a 98 xj looks like same electric clock that's in my2005 xj the guy trip couple taps an clock comes outa the housing ,i'm hopeing its just the bulb burned out an not a break in the clock circuit? guess i'l neve know till I tear into it , i'm just glad the clock spring is where u said it was in steeringwheel thanks for all the help Roger again !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.