No BT Phone

confused1

Reaction score
Just bought a beautiful 2007 Sovereign, two small problems

Phone screen shows "no BT phone", yet my phone connected perfectly on last x type

Only the passenger door speaker seems to work, a very slight sound from the rear, even when playing with the fade and balance

This is my 4th X type and after the 2,2 I have decided to live the fuel consumption and forego the vibration

Only 65,000 miles, so its a keeper

ultrageoff

Reaction score
On your sound system, first thing to check would be the connector(s) involved. As you have a Sovereign, I'm thinking you have the premium sound system? If so, I'd start by looking at any connections to modules behind the boot panel, which are easier to access. Having one speaker working properly, another just about audible and others not working at all is typical of a multi-pin connector being half off.

confused1

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have a play today
It was the No BT Phone that threw me, the others have all paired in seconds

ultrageoff

Reaction score
If you google:

jaguarforum No BT phone

...you should find plenty of threads from this forum about how some X type bluetooth phone connections go wrong. I'd check the physical (i.e. wiring) connectors to the phone module (same location, in the boot on LHS behind panel) and then, if you don't see an obvious issue (or perhaps, don't even see any phone module in there at all!) I'd go directly for a second hand combined phone and bluetooth module, which can be had on ebay. I got one for £55. You also need a bluetooth antenna that fits, see link (it's the Fakra connector that you need):

Suitable antenna for under a tenner

But I'd really say that having a good look around this forum first will give you a good general picture of phone issues. Personally, I'd swerve trying to get the old 'phone module plus bluetooth module under the armrest' set up working and go directly for the newer 'combined' module, which is better anyway, e.g. :

Typical ebay listing

If you're super lucky, both issues could be due to having connectors off (or half off) in the boot LHS area, location of a stack of modules in the X type.

Last edited:

confused1

Reaction score
Blimey

Thanks so much, all so helpful
After 3 x types 3.0, 2.5, 2.2 all auto and a combined 300,000 miles, the only problems I have had are head gasket on 2.5, wheel bearings on 2.5 and de fug turbo on 2.2, so not bad

confused1

Reaction score
Found this in earlier thread

Have you tried pairing your phone? Press the phone button to bring up the phone screen. Using the touch screen keypad, enter the following: ##3#*# and then press the green send/end icon. 'Discover me' should then appear on the screen. Then using your phone Bluetooth menu, add 'new device' and search for new device (Jaguar)

It worked a treat, but despite reseating all the power module connections, right hand main speaker is dead
Any thoughts please