Jaguar Forum banner

No lights flash and no dash top red LED on locking/unlocking my 2005 S-Type

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  04str 
#1 ·
My 2005 V8 S-Type (ex-Japanese) doesn't flash its lights (indicators) or turn on the dash top red LED when its locked (or unlocked). I gather it's a setting via the diagnostic software. My indy has managed to get the horn to "bip" on double locking but can't work out how to enable the indicator flash and the dash top LED.

Does anyone know how to do this? Could someone post the exact software type and version needed and (if possible) the part of the software we need to go to?

Thanks in anticipation - my VIN is SAJKC01R25HN47522

#2 ·
or turn on the dash top red LED when its locked (or unlocked).
That only happens when you insert (led goes out) or remove the key from the ignition lock (led turns on and starts flashing at a certain interval). That led is a part of the PATS system not the locking system. It does not to do with locking or opening the car.

As for the indicators enable flashing when unlocking or locking the car can be done true IDS/SSD.

#3 ·
Clear something up for me please, when I got my '00 car, all the door looms were cut within the doors. I had no active alarm LED or arming of the system, or working key fob for that matter. As soon as I rewired the lock connections in the drivers door only, the indicators and LED started to work when locking with the key in the door lock, eventually I found out the loud way that the alarm was also arming. So, in theory, PO could manually lock the car with the key in the door and set the alarm to see if the LED comes on and the indicators flash (once)? If not, then why would it do it on mine and not his? (unless of course mine being the enigma which is the X200 comes into play...)

#5 ·
That's because Pats system (car immobilizer) and the car alarm are 2 separated things and are 2 independent systems. The Pats system starts to disarm or arm when you insert or remove the key from the ignition lock.

The car alarm can only be activated or disarmed when you use the key remote or door locks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.