Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, did some jags come with no rear parking sensors? This is on a 2.0D estate 2004. I was getting a bleep in the right hand side drivers foot well & someone suggested a faulty reversing unit. So i just had a good look & no sensor unit & no detectors.
Would also like to find out what the faint bleeping is. bleeps when engine is running for about 5 bleeps & then stops, then will start again a few minutes later. i get no warning lights.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
The parking sensor module is in the spare wheel well, left hand side. Check that you do not have dampness in there. The bleeper is in the left hand wing on the estate.

Roger

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
As far as I know the front and rear parking sensors were options.

The -lights on- warning beep comes from the front of the car and the rear parking sensors sound comes from the rear.

So it's suggests something suspect about the -light on- warning.

Perhaps it indicates that a relay is failing on the warning circuit, at a guess.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I think the rear sensors were standard but the option was for front requiring a different roof consul for the switch.

Roger

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
It's obvious if you have rear sensors as you will see them in the rear bumper / valance.
They were optional on lower spec cars and standard on SE and above.
Your beep could be if drive away door locking has been disabled?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's obvious if you have rear sensors as you will see them in the rear bumper / valance.
They were optional on lower spec cars and standard on SE and above.
Your beep could be if drive away door locking has been disabled?
Could be it, as this one wont auto lock. Will have to look into re setting it back to auto lock. I also think this never came with reversing kit as in the images the is no controler & no sencors, just blank plugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Copied from somewhere unmentionable......

Reversal of the below should work
Turn on the ignition so all the dash lights come on but don't start the engine.
Lock the door using the button on the door handle and then unlock the door (but don't open it) 3 times.
Turn off the ignition.
Lock the door using the button on the door handle and then unlock the door (but don't open it) 3 times.
Turn on the ignition but dont start the engine - you should be able to hear a beep.
Lock the door again as before then unlock it (only once this time) - a final beep should be heard.
If all goes according to plan your doors should now auto lock when you go over a certain speed (about 5-10mph). This will also auto lock the doors if you reverse away. This mod will be operational until you repeat the above steps to switch it off. It will only work once for each time the car is started though. In other words, if you unlock the doors to let someone out without turning the engine off, they will not automatically lock when you move away again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting the images - They really help with anyone looking to see what they have/don't have.

Now does anyone have any images of what SHOULD be there, as mine's has the sensors on the rear, but no reversing beeps.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
5,835 Posts

Photo credit: Euan Tausney.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Oi!! that's my picture.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Found it on Google :razz::razz:
and I never said it was mine ;)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Not too worry, just about to post it myself, and thought that picture looks familiar!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.