Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon. I have a silly intermittent problem with my 2lt diesel Sovereign 2004. Three weeks ago heading home and in traffic traveling at about 30mph she just cut out and stopped. No spluttering or pre indication of any problem and then refused to re start. Green Flag rescued me and dropped the car outside my home. I prepared myself the next morning to go and investigate the problem and when I went to the car and tried the ignition she started. I took it for a blast down the by-pass and when I came back changed the fuel filter, filling it with neat injector cleaner first and she has run fine for the past three weeks. On Thursday after coming out of the Post Office she failed to start again. After a couple of attempts she fired up and has run fine again until today. We had been to Liverpool and travelled back to Wrexham, some 35 miles, and stopped at a local Garden Centre. We were there for about 30mins, came out and she refused to start again. This time I messed about for about half an hour and then gave up. I went into the Centre to get permission to leave her there for the night and when I came back, intending to phone a taxi I tried to start her and she fired up and we drove home. I have a full tank of fuel, shell V power which I always use and new filter. Is it possible that I have a faulty fuel cut off switch which I think is integral to the fuel pump or could it be something less complex like a faulty sensor. Any help will we gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
921 Posts
does it turn over when it wont start or wont it turn over?
have you done a code read?
got a code reader (not th Jaguar one, but its quite good) if you wanted to call round to try it? (Ruabon)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Getting codes read is definitely the best way forward, but a faulty cam sensor can give you those symptoms.

·
Registered
921 Posts
is the mondeo cam sensor different?
when i put a replacement engine in my car, out of a mondeo, the cam sensor had a different fitting i think, so i stuck with the original one?

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Not sure but I'm pretty certain mine has a Ford logo on it?

·
Registered
5,835 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.