Not quite so new here but showing my first pictures

frankc

Reaction score
There lies the problem - when you get up close to the car like when you're polishing it, you start to see all the "issues" - you then can't let it lie until you've sorted them all out. I'm making a list of all the paint issues and then I'll take it to a spray shop (for some reason there are loads and loads around here) and get some thoughts from experts.

A tip for you. Just before you take it to the sprayers for a quote get a roll of masking tape. Rip off small chunks of it and stick the round the car where you want work doing. I will 100% guarantee if you don't do that after you get back from the sprayer you will be saying "darn (or words to that effect) I did not mention that chip or that scratch I want him to do.) My car looked like it had a very bad shaving day when I finished. But give my sprayer his due he did every nick and scratch I pointed out. In some cases it was just a simple dab of paint but it has stopped the damage from getting worse etc. It literally takes him seconds but the overall effect of his work is much better. Your car too deserves nothing less after the care you have shown on it.

B

BigE

That is good advice.
There are a lot of little things, say 1 or 2 on each panel so I'm sure they will just say the only solution is to respray all the panels. Not sure I can stretch to that though.
I do seriously want to keep the old girl in tip top condition, the original owner had it for 14 years and had it serviced by Jaguar on the dot and you could tell she was well loved. The next owner didn't do anything at all, maybe a cheap oil change at best in over a year. When I got her the first thing I did was taker her to a proper Jaguar specelist for all fluid changes, new consensor and a complete once over. They said she was a great car, just needs some TLC - which is what I can give her.

Hence, she has already been given a wash and dry this morning and I'm just giving her a bit longer before giving her a once over to work-in some shine.

Stagnite

Reaction score
I've been on the forum for about 6 weeks now, so I'm not quite so new. I should ave posted earlier but wanted to wait until I had some decent pictures to share.
I've spent most of the morning, cleaning, then using Farcela G3 compound with a machine polisher followed by a G10 finishing compound. I cleaned the glass with a bit of white spirits as it gives a lovely finish - I've not touched the interior yet but I will next. The leather needs a very good clean then redyeing in various places.

I'm please with the way most of the car has come out but now all I can see are all the little scratches and stone chips that need my attention.
Bootiful, really bootiful. I like a good shine.

Gave mine a bit of a polish yesterday.
BE651825-7379-434A-BFEF-5241771851BA_zps0laih0fr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Booker her in for a front bumper re-spray, new discs and pads and a new lower wishbone bush. I need to get to grips with the interior soon.
Roll on the summer.

frankc

Reaction score
wow, lovely photo stag. It does you credit. Its come up really well. Thats the thing about blue when you do it right it really shows. All my other cars have been blue. Yep its come up really nice. :)

Stagnite

Reaction score
Thank you Frank. It's all in the detail!! Used the G3 detailing spray with the clay mit then waxed it with Mer polish. It's very satisfying to see a deep shine and to feel smooth paintwork.
Now I am snookered. Two very clean Jags so can't use either cos it's raining!!

frankc

Reaction score
Yep. Thats the way it goes. But the sheer satisfaction of your hard work making your car shine like that must be a reward in itself.

I am off to a JEC meeting on Tuesday so its all hands to the polish on Monday. Have you found the car looks better, weather permitting, the day after? It seems it takes the polish etc a time to work to 100%. I just need to finish it off on Tuesday with a bit of dry wash and do the windows and it comes up a treat. :)