Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted LED number plate illumination bulbs and it seems that I didn't refit the left lens properly, and now it's gone.

Does anyone have a spare left lense (left and right are different) that they could sell me?

I have seen adverts for the entire lamp unit but it isn't clear whether this includes the lens with it or not.

thanks, DNJ

· Registered
881 Posts
Same happened to me as well, I just got the dealer to get me a complete light in, just used the lens from it, I don't think it was very expensive, and yes , they are handed.

· Registered
371 Posts
It wasn't obvious how the lamp unit is removed so I also just changed the lens. However I can tell you that removing the boot lid lining achieves nothing because the lamps are inaccessible from behind. Metalwork is in place to prevent access to the bootlock if the lamps were removed by a thief.

· Registered
352 Posts
It wasn't obvious how the lamp unit is removed so I also just changed the lens. However I can tell you that removing the boot lid lining achieves nothing because the lamps are inaccessible from behind. Metalwork is in place to prevent access to the bootlock if the lamps were removed by a thief.
you need to remove the lining and then remove the plastic trim just above the lights,if memory serves me right it is held on by 4 or 6 small nuts,cant remember the size,but you will need to remove this trim if you want to fit the new ones with out damaging them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.