Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to plug a bluetooth obd scanner into my 3.0d S and use the torque app to see some live data while driving. Interesting this morning watching the coolant temp. It quickly rose to 60deg then slowly climbed to 90deg over the next 3 miles. It will be interesting to see this while towing my caravan to see if it gets much hotter. I wanted tho see oil pressure and temp but couldn't find those on the app. Maybe cos the car doesnt measure them? Another interesting one is speed. The car knows the speed very accurately yet chooses to display it via the Speedo 4-5mph fast. I always knew the Speedo reads fast but didn't know the true speed was available via obd.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
The trans oil temp works on my XFR but not the engine oil temp or pressure. I wish they did!
I've tried Torque on all of my Jag's and Volvo and the ECU does give a truer reading of the actual speed than the speedo itself.
The OBD/ECU speed is great for long distance driving with the cruise set. At least you can be doing a genuine 70 and not 65ish.
My engine coolant temp is usually around 80/90 too. So that seems normal.

· Registered
9 Posts
Can the blue tooth obd be linked to the ssd type software to adjust ride height of an xj x358.
The mongoose can be used to adjust ride height via the jlr software, but would be awesome to adjust it via Bluetooth and an app.
Any thoughts?
Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.