Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked car @ lunch time, came out to go home ..... car won't start. spins over like a top but no firing. no codes registered - everything else works fine - help!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All

Yep - loads of fuel - would the sensor show a code as I have no codes showing?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Panic over ........ checked all relays and fuses in engine bay swapped them all around and jiggled the fuses in and out - and its all burst into life again - looks like a bad connection or dodgy relay - waiting to see if anything different stops working now to identify suspect component ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good idea Ed. will do that. I will remove all parts and refit with a squirt !
Everything still seems to be working - but I do hold my breath when starting....... Its never done this before ......... but that's what the guy said when his Donkey died ...... : )

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can I suggest you use a silicon spray on electrical connections as it makes a more permanent job of it by coating the connections and then stays in place. It is better for electrics than WD40 which is only a very very thin oil and oil and electrical connections don't alway mix. Looks messy (and is) but Waxoyl is also very good particularly for connections you are unlikely to disturb, keeps out water and rust.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update
I was waiting to see if moving all the relays around would throw up another fault to identify what relay if any was suspect ......... sure enough .... code 1646 - 1647 arrived = oxygen sensor chip, looked up relevant relay (40 Amp) changed it and fault has not reappeared to date ( 3 days motoring ) - but I still get occasionally a Maf fault saying air flow out of limit - I have changed the Naf :) sensor but still this fault appears - may stay on for a couple of days and then goes away again, Anyone had anything similar or any idears what to check - all plugs/cables seem okay ?
Geoff - I bought some electrical cleaner/lubricant combined spray and went through all my fuses and relay terminations in the engine fuse box - some did look a little dirty !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.