Old Member becomes a New Member again

Bronco

Reaction score
I was a member for a number of years, having had a 2008 XF and a 2011 XF from new. When it came to trading in my XF in 2015, I found the new model XF disappointing compared to the old one, especially in terms of the quality of the interior, and to cut a long story short I bought a new XJL 3.0D Portfolio. It was a wonderful car.

In 2020, I replaced my beloved XJ with a new F-Pace 3.0D Portfolio. I have since spent the last 12 months trying to convince myself that I would get used to it, and eventually realising I will never get used to it. Don’t get me wrong, the F-Pace is a fine-looking car, immensely practical, and very powerful, but it just does not compare to the ride, quality, and hushed refinement of the XJ. They are in a different market, and in a different league.

I could not turn the clock back and decide to keep my old XJ Portfolio. So I have done the next best thing – I have bitten the bullet and bought a 2019 XJL Portfolio, the same colour as my old one, same spec, 4 years newer, with more features, and 25 extra horses. Can’t wait to pick it up next week!

idrobbo

Reaction score
Hello & welcome back, stay safe. I’m about to buy an F-Pace after my XF and hoping I will adjust fairly well, if not will have to get the XK out more often.