Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car sat for five days in rainy and cold weather. Cranked but no start. Battery was replaced. Started fine with dash lights normal. Then on immediate second start got no dash lights and stuck in park. Disconnected battery over night then started fine with dash lights normal. Then on immediate second start got no dash lights and stuck in park.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Car sat for five days in rainy and cold weather. Cranked but no start. Battery was replaced. Started fine with dash lights normal. Then on immediate second start got no dash lights and stuck in park. Disconnected battery over night then started fine with dash lights normal. Then on immediate second start got no dash lights and stuck in park.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After disconnecting the battery for several hours and then going on the highway for 10 minutes so far it starts 3 times with the dashboard lights on again, normal. But now I’m getting P 1638 and also rear windows have dropped down and I cannot get them back up. My power roof been disabled long ago.

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Even though you have replaced the battery, check the voltage as you may have a drain.

· Premium Member
18,883 Posts
After disconnecting the battery for several hours and then going on the highway for 10 minutes so far it starts 3 times with the dashboard lights on again, normal. But now I’m getting P 1638 and also rear windows have dropped down and I cannot get them back up. My power roof been disabled long ago.
Saw this relating to P1638

Jim

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even though you have replaced the battery, check the voltage as you may have a drain.
Thanks Jimbo,
The car has completely recovered. I think electrical components just needed to dry out. Was able to get one rear window up using a jumper wire bypass on the relay module. But for some reason the left one won’t go up. No check engine lights, no codes, Running smooth.

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Thanks Jimbo,
The car has completely recovered. I think electrical components just needed to dry out. Was able to get one rear window up using a jumper wire bypass on the relay module. But for some reason the left one won’t go up. No check engine lights, no codes, Running smooth.
That’s great news and thanks for the update. (y)

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Icarsoft i930 Jaguar specific is all you need for your car.
Great news 👍 please could you tell me what code reader you are using ?
Or someone else could chip in with information
Thanks

· Premium Member
18,883 Posts
Thanks Jimbo,
Just saw this, that's great news, pleased all is good.
Thanks for coming back and updating us

Thanks Jimbo V8 👍👍🇬🇧
Icarsoft i930 should get the job done on your year or car, always worked pretty well on my XJ X358

Good luck
Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts