Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought a a pair of Pagid front discs and a set of pads to fit to my wife's Audi TT this W/E. What is strange about the discs is that the surfaces are covered in sort of silver paint - the instructions say this is a protective coat that should not be removed before fitting. Assume that after the new discs and pads are installed the protective layer comes off as the the brakes are applied and the usual metal surface will be revealed - bit unusual though - anyone had experience of fitting these sort of discs?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Pagid are a good disc. oem to porsche. ive used them on my s types and had no problems at all with them.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies - all discs I've fitted in the past came with the metal surfaces exposed and covered in a film of oil that had to be cleaned before fitting the surfaces become brighter as the brakes bedded in. This protective coat is a new one on me but seems to be used quite widely. The guy at Europarts reckoned it would help to avoid rust which is fine but more interested in the stopping power !!

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
The pads are more important for stopping power not the discs from experiencing both redstuff with std discs and redstuff with turbo grooved discs over std pads and discs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.