·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've taken a look at the paint/trim code plate in the engine bay, which reads:

Paint: JGE
Trim: AGD

This refers to Sapphire Blue paint with Oatmeal interior from a) what I know about the car, and b) from other posts on here.

However, after the AGD, there is another box with "JM" in it. Any idea what this is ?

I have a two tone interior, where the dash, centre console and armrest lid are slightly darker than the rest of the interior. Does the "JM" refer to this second/darker interior colour by any chance?

Thanks,
Mint.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
no , the AGD denoted Oatmeal interior with Antelope trim top ,

usually the top of the dash , the top of the door cards , and in my case the top of the centre console and steering wheel in my Sovereign

i think the latter letters refer to the carpet colour.....

possibly , lol

BB

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SUPERB!! Antelope!! That's good to know!! I keep searching for a cup-holder armrest as a retro-fit, and now I know what colour to search for!!!!!!! Top man!!!!! (Many Thanks).

So, I wonder what colour carpets JM are .....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi there
In response to your Jag trim code query. There is a web site that deals with codes I've used them myself, and can thoroughly recommend them). The web site is Furniture Clinic - Leather Care Cleaner, Furniture Repair & Restoration . Phone number is 08448793691.
I've ordered leather dye from these guys, they are a great help and pointed me in the right direction.
Hope this helps
Tony

·
Registered
899 Posts
That looks like Antigua Blue but, the code for that is JHH (I think).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well, the closest I have come up with these colours is:
JGZ - Antigue Metallic
JGZ - Antigua Metallic

JHH - Antigue Metallic
JHH - Antigua Metallic

The differences with these I think is the year because they are slightly different shades.
I found this out when parked to an 1999 XJ* Sports with Sapphire Metallic.
Mine is JHE being a 1998 Sovereign and his is JGE and untill you park side by side you can notice the difference.

Regards other colours, I have come up with the following:

JGE - Sapphire Metallic
JHE - Sapphire metallic
I think with extrenal colours you must go with the letters of the colour codes as there are different shades
of the same colour which can be confusing.

Interior Colours:

AGD - Oatmeal
AGE - Antelope
AGK - Antelope over Oatmeal
AEK - Sable

Then there are different codes again when there is piping involved.

My own '98 4.0 litre Sovereign is listed thus:

JGE - Sapphire Metallic
AGD - EN - Antelope over Oatmeal interior....the EN I am assuming is code
for Antelope when used in conjunction with Oatmeal.
AEK - Sable carpets and over rugs.

Still doesn't explain the 'JM' after the interior colour designation ;o]

·
Registered
8,748 Posts
Information I've seen has JGZ as the solvent code and JHH as the waterborne code for Antigua (after those nasty solvents were banned), likewise for Sapphire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.