Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Jag owners.

Jaguar S-Type 200 Diesel Saloon 2.7 D V6 2720cc AJD VIN SAJAC031177 N74478

I live in central France and my local garage is doing the ‘cracked/leaking exhaust repair/conversion and they’ve told me I need to replace the part in the pictures below.
The description I got was … ‘An exhaust collar/ catalyst flange’ but have been unable to find it on of the parts catalogues I know of.

Can anyone identify this part with a part number please?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Attachments

·
Registered
XK Dynamic R 2014,XF 3ltr SC 2013,STR 2007,S Type 2001
351 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I looks like it is part of item 1, and included.

Can they not fabriate one?

If not breakers yard?
Hi Bydand

Thank you for your reply. You may be right, but I haven't actually seen the part for myself yet so don't have a full understanding of its problem but maybe could be fabricated in some way. That said it looks like a bolt on shield of some sort and would have thought it would be available separately, because if it's part of the catalytic converter, that's a very expensive and unnecessary repair/cost!

·
Registered
XK Dynamic R 2014,XF 3ltr SC 2013,STR 2007,S Type 2001
351 Posts
Ah Big Wigg,

You would, wouldn't you.
But alas, the Jaguar parts cat. Is not showing it as a separate part. If indeed it is the wrap around shield of the catalytic convertor.

Some may say, a way to make money, or reduce component costs for JLR.

Good Luck anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah Big Wigg,

You would, wouldn't you.
But alas, the Jaguar parts cat. Is not showing it as a separate part. If indeed it is the wrap around shield of the catalytic convertor.

Some may say, a way to make money, or reduce component costs for JLR.

Good Luck anyway.
Thank you, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE. Well, it turns out that this is indeed a shroud that holds the catalytic converter in place and it’s common for the metal band that clamps around the catalytic converter to rust and break if it’s disturbed. In my case, we’re fitting the cat/manifold conversion kit to stop the ingress of exhaust fumes into the cabin, so it had to be demounted/disturbed revealing its corrosion and weakness.
The part is not available separately and only comes with the catalytic converter, so fabrication and welding is the order of the day.
I hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Big Wigg
1 - 7 of 7 Posts