Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, would it be possible/advisable/expensive to retro fit, a particulate filter system onto a 2.0D estate 2005 ?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I wouldn't even try to do this. There never was a 2.0 diesel that had it as standard anyway.

(As far as I know.)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Why?

There is no conceivable advantage to one except to pander to green luvvies. You would have to have a completely new ECU system that would know when to regenerate the filter as well as the added complication of increased back pressure on the exhaust flow. The list goes on.

Go and have beer instead and put the thought down to temporary insanity.

Tony

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Whyyyy do it??????????

With all the problems they seem to create I'd keep away from them if I were you. My next car will be a petrol anyway so I'm not ever going to think about those pesky DPFs again. (Not that I ever had one to worry about but I have read several horror stories on here about them) Ok I guess if you do regular long distances.

·
Registered
718 Posts
When i bought my current X type, i avoided all the DPF models.... Not because i dont care about the environemt but because i care about my sanity.

If you want to help the environment... Plant some trees. :)

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
A bit like cigarettes really.

First there were woodbine, and the smoke was rich and pure.

Then came the filter tip and the smoke was clean, rich and pure.

Now they come in packets with dead people on them.

Stick with the woodbine mate, and feel sorry for the healthy bloke who had his lungs removed to compare with the smoker for the picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.