Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys,was hoping you could help me,I am looking for some info on parts I need.
I am looking for the trims that sit on the top of the door,the bit that runs the length of the door,just above the handle,it's a straight piece of metal with what looks like a rubber seal behind it.
Not tried jag yet but there probably gonna be expensive so was hoping someone could help.
Many thanks jay.

·
Registered
394 Posts
they're called waist seals, problem is the outer trim is stainless and the inner is alloy which causes the curly bits at the ends, digging into them you find a white powder that used to be alloy.
New are around £75 each plus vat. Are you looking for black or chrome ones, front or rear or all of them? Breakers can supply reasonable ones for a lot less. Drivers door seems the favourite for going south.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got a Dec 2000 XJ8 (with Sport badge), which I bought last October. It had spent all its 15-year life on the south coast, very near the sea, and two of the waist seals have really gone. One on driver's door, the other on the nearside rear passenger's door. As it's a Sport, the waist seals are black not chrome and are fiendishly expensive. £500 a go. They are basically a non-starter to replace at Jaguar prices. And second-hand ones have the same problems unless they've come off a Jag with no miles that has been hermetically sealed for 15 years, give or take.
New chrome ones are cheaper and easier to find so that's the good news. With my black ones, I've taken the car to a local guy, who cleaned out the driver's one and taped over it with black tape. It survives the car wash and matches the vertical black central pillar (between front and rear doors), so that's good.
The rear passenger one I haven't attacked yet. I'm surprised no one makes replacement waist seals (given that Jaguar effectively don't).

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm surprised no one makes replacement waist seals
...what with there clearly being a huge gap in the market... :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice one, I need a chrome one for my drivers side, LWB.
😉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.