Passage between underneath and gear leaver.

Carriagemaker

Reaction score
Hi out there again,
This time I’m interested to know, if you in any way can help me with the best way of getting an electrical cable from underneath the car, and up to the “cup holder or to the armrest in between the front seats”? I will have my XK GLOW underneath RGB-light control module in my armrest, on my 308 Daimler
Regards,
Carriagemaker

Attachments

• BCD2A076-F593-45D6-979C-DFA6A353CDBF.png
    BCD2A076-F593-45D6-979C-DFA6A353CDBF.png
    447.8 KB · Views: 0

Andy K

Reaction score
Use the gear selector grommet.

It's a lot of work though I think.

Carriagemaker

Reaction score
Thank you Andy,
Yes
, I find that out after checking all other alternatives. But gush, what a job it was. Unscrewing the aluminum shield and carefully bending it inwards towards the drive shaft 1/2 an inch so I could force a thick wall rubber hose ( in which I later drew the electric cable), in between the aluminum shield and the iron sheet tunnel and up to the gear selector wire rubber, where that one is going through.
First now today I finished that job, but in the same time I also installed a 5 thread rubber cable from the same armrest and down directly to the battery if I need some more electricity or if I will drive this under glow lightning from two sources. But that takes a little more thinking where to put the diodes correctly, when there is so many computers in the system.
At the moment, I will take the power from the back seat cigarette lighter to the small computer that is driving the XK under glow. It’s two cables was visible when I opened up the armrest and lifted out the inside box. What I do not understand is, why must it be so shitten jammed all over. You can hardly get a few fingers in between anything in this car.
Carriagemaker