Pdf xj358 2007 tdi

GENERALPAINTUK

Reaction score
Does anyone have a trick up their sleeve for removing the red indicator light on the clocks for the DPF, i have attempted the long drive at 40mph, but that is nigh on impossible due to road conditions.

The Car has not gone into any limp mode as yet, i didnt see the Amber light appear first.

all suggestions and help appreciated.

Thanks
Dean

Fazer

Reaction score
Does anyone have a trick up their sleeve for removing the red indicator light on the clocks for the DPF, i have attempted the long drive at 40mph, but that is nigh on impossible due to road conditions.

The Car has not gone into any limp mode as yet, i didnt see the Amber light appear first.

Thanks
Dean
Try removing the battery terminals. It resets the ECU on the S Type.
I also did this on my 2.2D X Type after replacing the DPF myself. The Red light would not go out until I did this.
You'll need to reset any radio codes etc etc.

thebiglad

Reaction score

The Car has not gone into any limp mode as yet, i didn't see the Amber light appear first.

Thanks
Dean
If I may, I'll correct you slightly on the process for cleaning the dpf: a twenty mins drive at a minimum of 40 mph (more is better) should force the regeneration (cleaning) of the dpf. If I need to I find a stretch of dual carriageway and cruise for about 20 mins at 75mph.

But the thing I've found to be the absolute best is just to not use the jag on short journeys, I tend to use her predominantly for longer runs and as a result don't have issues with dpf regen or polluting of the engine sump oil.

Cheers
Dave

JimC64

Reaction score
Hi there, as you've let it go to red I'm not sure, but....

You can try what thebiglad (Dave) says as it shouldn't cost you anything, worked successfully for me on a few other cars, so worth a shot.

Ideally, I'd add a bottle of Redex to my fuel tank ( hoping its only half fuel or less ) and then look to go for a long motorway drive, around 20 miles or so at least. Once got up to speed at say 70mph, try having her in perhaps 3rd gear so the revs are very high (maybe not redline, but thereabouts)

You're trying to get her to run hot and help to burn off the deposits and clear the DPF somewhat

Jim