Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just a thought, when mine was in fault it showed a warning triangle on the dash and in the centre info screen, When the fault was cleared or a sensor not failing I did not see a warning.
As you know mines a 4.2 2007 but I doubt the "alarm" display would be different.
I'm just wondering if you're trying to find something when it's not actually in a failed state.
The faulty sensor I had only faulted in warm/hot weather.
Nick
Good point, mine was a red triangle with words 'Check Pedestrian Protection System', just came on yesterday morning, after trying to finds the fault code today with my icarsoft the dam fault message has now disappeared, and everything looks normal. Looks like it may be a gremlin and no doubt will return. Well I now have sufficient information from all the posts on this great forum to deal with it when it returns....

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Best of luck and let us know the final outcome.
Nick

·
Registered
97 Posts
I see the difference regarding the modification, looks like anything after 2010 has the one hole sensor, will order 2 from Barretts.
Do the codes confirm it is the bumper sensors? When I had an issue on my car it was one of the firing pins for the airbags under the bonnet which was at fault.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
"Pedestrian Protection System"... Is this the mechanism that detects when you've struck a human and it pops the hood (bonnet?) a bit so that bodies don't have a hard impact against the engine? I had literally never heard of that before until I saw mention of it on these forums. I've never heard that we have anything like that on U.S. variants. Does anyone know what countries require that? It seems so incredibly bizarre to me, and I can't imagine how much it adds to the build cost on the car.
If it's not in America then it's probably the EU at work. Something like (but not limited to) L_2009035EN.01000101.xml

21 - 27 of 27 Posts