Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
7,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent topic prompted this post. I have one or two 'pet hates'. What are yours?

This is just a few of mine.

1. Those who post pet hate lists, (got in before you)
2. Clever sods, see 1 above.

3. Your waiting at a T junction waiting to turn right onto the main road. A car is coming from the left. You wait........ and wait. The closer he gets the slower he goes. Finally he gets to you. Turns right to go down your road THEN signals.
4. Your driving down a small winding country road suddenly there are a couple of cyclists cycling down the middle of the road chatting and you cant overtake. They know your there but don't care.
5. You let someone out/in on your lane and the just drive in and dont say thank you, and other bad manners.
6. One eyed headlights. One headlight out but you cannot work out which side it is.
7. Parking on a main road at night in the pitch black with no lights on. Illegal and very dangerous. The other night a car was coming the other way so I dipped my lights. After he passed I went back to full beam to discover a car parked in the road only few feet in front of me. Only very heavy breaking and swerving stopped me ramming into the back of him.

Over to you. :D

G

·
Um ............ err........................ does "supermarket trolleys with wonky wheels" and "newspapers that don't put the bar-code in the same place every day" qualify ??

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
People who let their dogs s hit on the grass verge outside my home and fail to clean it up.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
People who mix up your and you're, their, there and they're
People who use could of instead of could've
People who use should of instead of should've
People who use would of instead of would've
People who don't appreciate homophones and our great language !
I looked in AWE at the OAR , OR was it the ORE ..... :)

·
7,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People who don't appreciate homophones and our great language !
I looked in AWE at the OAR , OR was it the ORE ..... :)
You have started me off now ;)

Why do people say they are going to buy some cloths? When they mean clothes. I see it all the time. You wash with dish cloths and wear clothes, though with some on here I am not too sure. My grammar is by no means perfect but I have to resist the temptation to correct it sometimes. "They got into there car" is a another good example. "I did not know were I was going" I can see a few people scratching their heads wondering what is wrong with the previous sentences.

Do they teach grammar in school these days?

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
By all accounts Frank, they don’t seem to teach a great deal in school these days.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Young men who ride bicycles on the pavement. These are not to be confused with proper cyclists with nice bikes and all the gear, these are young men with rubbish bikes, no lights, riding from their digs to work and back again.

Perhaps they are unaware of UK law?

Absolute menace around here.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Cyclists that don't use a cycle path.
Sorry but I was one of those once. The A4 from Hounslow to Osterley has a cycle path running alongside it. Said path was, and I assume remains, in a very poor state and is arranged such that motor vehicles joining/crossing the A4 have priority over cyclists. I didn't use it and wouldn't even now unless it was surfaced to the same standard as the A4 and gave cyclists the right of way over joining traffic. I can fully understand why cyclists don't use cycle paths, What I don't like are those who won't obey road signs and markings, including traffic lights.

·
Registered
633 Posts
People who approach a roundabout and stop when it's obviously clear in all directions.
People who ask for help when a search would give them the answer .
People who post "I have the same problem" after someone has asked for help.
People who needlessly quote a post (especially when it has loads of pictures) .

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
People who mix up your and you're, their, there and they're
People who use could of instead of could've
People who use should of instead of should've
People who use would of instead of would've
I loose my patients with people who use the wrong words.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Bar staff who have no idea of how to pull a pint. I 'educate' them..............verbally:twisted: "FILL IT UP" :evil:

If I'm paying the full price I want a full pint.

·
7,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Staff who cannot do basic maths. I once bought 6 items at 99p each. She put them through the till and it came to £7.12p. Errr thats wrong. No, the till says its £7.12p. Ok, said I, instead of paying 99p each I will pay a pound. I have six of them. So how much will that be? She looked at me blankly. No joking she did not have a clue. The woman standing behind me was also VERY shocked the girl could not work that out.

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Ignorance, tardiness, rudeness, and a lack of respect.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Any motorist who doesn't know the highway code / rules of the road, if the traffic is stationary then motorcyclists ARE allowed to filter between the stationary cars as long as theres room and it's safe to do so, in other words if a motorcyclist is coming through dont pull in to block them, and definitely don't open your door and knock the rider off, i speak from painful experience.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.