Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this 'l be the new thread for Peter's XE R Sport, eventually collected today from Pentland Stirling
As mentioned in his X type thread...

She's gone to a dealer to repair, m.o.t. and sell on, so should live for another wee while, it's now XE time and he's lovin' it.
Here she is below, the dealer pics, XE R Sport 2.0d in Italian racing red, with gloss black wheels, 2 tone leather interior, really quite a nice thing

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Window Automotive design Motor vehicle

Vehicle Grille Hood Tire Car

Unfortunately the process from Pentland hasn't been so smooth, the main one being a V5 hold up.
The car should've been ready last weekend, but wasn't, then potentially Tuesday this week, but wasn't.

As Peter was working I made a call on Wednesday late afternoon and Was assured he'd call me back, but didn't, Peter called around 11am and again at 3pm on Thursday with no return call, so I called around 4.30pm to be told he was busy and they'd get him to return my call.

No thanks I said, I'll either speak to him now or his boss, but he arrived and advised of the delays etc etc etc
I explained that their issue meant he was car LESS for the weekend and he'd need a courtesy car to enjoy the local bank holiday, so it was agreed that we'd call in late today ( assuming the V5 hadn't arrived ) and he'd get a courtesy car until his was ready.

Funnily enough he got a call to say that it was ready for collection at 1.30pm as the V5 had arrived today!

Now, bearing in mind the extended delays, it was taken for granted that the small chips, alloy wheel kerbing, side skirt rash etc would've been easily resolved and the car immaculate, we were assured this would be the case, several times.......NOT the case when we arrived.

Less than happy for sure and so spoke to another salesman as the guy he was dealing with was off, couldn't write the script.
He was helpful enough but wasn't making good noises and so we escalated it to the business manager, who turned out to be more than helpful.

We showed the bits n bobs needing done, as agreed below

Passenger door chips / handle
Rear passenger side wheel kerb marks
Scratch / chip on rear bumper
Paint run on drivers rear wheel
Chip on drivers door
Road rash / chips on front bumper

He fully agreed with everything we discussed and stated that is NOT the way they present / sell cars and everything would be fully rectified.
It was agreed that Peter took the car, it'll be taken back in around 3-4 days time and be gone for 3-4 days to resolve the issues, a Jaguar replacement available for that period of time until fixed.

The process hasn't been great by Pentland, but that said, the business manager really stepped up and agreed, going above and beyond to resolve to satisfaction.
End result meant Peter drove the car away today, like a dog with two tails, absolutely buzzing and out n about enjoying, putting on some miles as we speak
The car has literally just been m.o.t'd and with a full Jaguar service just done last month incl oil / filter, air, pollen and fuel filter.
There's a few wee bits n pieces he wants to do

Rubber boot liner - already purchased
Rubber mats - to be bought for work days ( the existing originals are like new )
2 new front tyres ( the existing are 4mm with the rears as new )
Calipers - possibly painted car body colour to match
Possible remap

Other than that, see how it goes
Jim

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
They really are a fun chassis, with loads of feedback. I love her (paltry spec) XE for driving. Shame its just not quite big enough for a fat bastard like me to get in and out of semi gracefully, without swatting my head...

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,363 Posts
Well, this 'l be the new thread for Peter's XE R Sport, eventually collected today from Pentland Stirling
As mentioned in his X type thread...

She's gone to a dealer to repair, m.o.t. and sell on, so should live for another wee while, it's now XE time and he's lovin' it.
Here she is below, the dealer pics, XE R Sport 2.0d in Italian racing red, with gloss black wheels, 2 tone leather interior, really quite a nice thing

View attachment 55961

View attachment 55962
View attachment 55963

View attachment 55964

Unfortunately the process from Pentland hasn't been so smooth, the main one being a V5 hold up.
The car should've been ready last weekend, but wasn't, then potentially Tuesday this week, but wasn't.

As Peter was working I made a call on Wednesday late afternoon and Was assured he'd call me back, but didn't, Peter called around 11am and again at 3pm on Thursday with no return call, so I called around 4.30pm to be told he was busy and they'd get him to return my call.

No thanks I said, I'll either speak to him now or his boss, but he arrived and advised of the delays etc etc etc
I explained that their issue meant he was car LESS for the weekend and he'd need a courtesy car to enjoy the local bank holiday, so it was agreed that we'd call in late today ( assuming the V5 hadn't arrived ) and he'd get a courtesy car until his was ready.

Funnily enough he got a call to say that it was ready for collection at 1.30pm as the V5 had arrived today!

Now, bearing in mind the extended delays, it was taken for granted that the small chips, alloy wheel kerbing, side skirt rash etc would've been easily resolved and the car immaculate, we were assured this would be the case, several times.......NOT the case when we arrived.

Less than happy for sure and so spoke to another salesman as the guy he was dealing with was off, couldn't write the script.
He was helpful enough but wasn't making good noises and so we escalated it to the business manager, who turned out to be more than helpful.

We showed the bits n bobs needing done, as agreed below

Passenger door chips / handle
Rear passenger side wheel kerb marks
Scratch / chip on rear bumper
Paint run on drivers rear wheel
Chip on drivers door
Road rash / chips on front bumper

He fully agreed with everything we discussed and stated that is NOT the way they present / sell cars and everything would be fully rectified.
It was agreed that Peter took the car, it'll be taken back in around 3-4 days time and be gone for 3-4 days to resolve the issues, a Jaguar replacement available for that period of time until fixed.

The process hasn't been great by Pentland, but that said, the business manager really stepped up and agreed, going above and beyond to resolve to satisfaction.
End result meant Peter drove the car away today, like a dog with two tails, absolutely buzzing and out n about enjoying, putting on some miles as we speak
The car has literally just been m.o.t'd and with a full Jaguar service just done last month incl oil / filter, air, pollen and fuel filter.
There's a few wee bits n pieces he wants to do

Rubber boot liner - already purchased
Rubber mats - to be bought for work days ( the existing originals are like new )
2 new front tyres ( the existing are 4mm with the rears as new )
Calipers - possibly painted car body colour to match
Possible remap

Other than that, see how it goes
Jim
I took a trip over to Peter's X-Type post and enjoyed looking at the photos but have to admit I didn't read the blog ... the 36sec video of the glimmering boot was amazing!!! Sad she has moved on but glad she will be finding pastures new once fixed up a little.

Okey-dokey so down to his new wheels then, and what a palaver with Pentland, gave me a headache just reading about it, not good for sure and I would have been one ruby faced Ruby trying to keep the steam from escaping my nostrils, pre bank holiday, had I been in either of your shoes of that I have no doubt. Still, I know it doesn't get you anywhere to blast off, staying polite, cool, calm and collected but very, firm is the best way I find.

Anyway, the manager has said he will honour your requests and one can only hope he will be true to his word and as for Peter's new XE well what a doozy! Colour combination inside and out is smart and sophisticated whilst racy at the same time, which seems odd but for me they do work.

Over the past few years, I have found there are some awesome hues of red paint jobs available with cars and to a lesser extent blues and I have found myself several times double taking a look, staring and complimenting owners to the same and I feel sure that Peter's car easily fits into this category. Of course the red with black wheels, grilles, tinted windows and accessories also enhances to overall look and aura of the XE and appeal for me.

XEllent choice Peter (y) :cool:

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Nice colour :)

Reactions: JimC64

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took a trip over to Peter's X-Type post and enjoyed looking at the photo but have to admit I didn't read the blog ... the 36sec video of the glimmering boot was amazing!!! Sad she has moved on but glad she will be finding pastures new once fixed up a little.

Okey-dokey so down to his new wheels then, and what a palaver with Pentland, gave me a headache just reading about it, not good for sure and I would have been one ruby faced Ruby trying to keep the steam from escaping my nostrils, pre bank holiday, had I been in either of your shoes of that I have no doubt. Still, I know it doesn't get you anywhere to blast off, staying polite, cool, calm and collected but very, firm is the best way I find.

Anyway, the manager has said he will honour your requests and one can only hope he will be true to his word and as for Peter's new XE well what a doozy! Colour combination inside and out is smart and sophisticated whilst racy at the same time, which seems odd but for me they do work.

Over the past few years, I have found there are some awesome hues of red paint jobs available with cars and to a lesser extent blues and I have found myself several times double taking a look, staring and complimenting owners to the same and I feel sure that Peter's car easily fits into this category. Of course the red with black wheels, grilles, tinted windows and accessories also enhances to overall look and aura of the XE and appeal for me.

XEllent choice Peter (y) :cool:
Cheers Gina, he's loving it to be sure and the colour too, the Caesium blue would've been the other option.

Nice colour :)
Thought you might've liked that colour Henry ;)

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
Cheers Gina, he's loving it to be sure and the colour too, the Caesium blue would've been the other option.
Ahhh yes, choices, choices, both stunning to be sure but the red for me is a tad more alluring if you get my drift and the two-tone seating a touch more pizazz, as always, all boils down to personal preference

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Automotive design Car Car seat cover Vehicle Motor vehicle
Seat belt Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover Vehicle

Reactions: JimC64

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Her XE is red. Absolutely no idea what red, or even if they did more than one, LOL.

I think the red really suits the car, esp with a dark interior (which is always my preference)

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh yes, choices, choices, both stunning to be sure but the red for me is a tad more alluring if you get my drift and the two-tone seating a touch more pizazz, as always, all boils down to personal preference

View attachment 56065

View attachment 56066 View attachment 56067
Cheers Gina, yes, I do think they're both nice and the red does, just edge it, well put.

Fantastic color that Italian racing red, it really suits XEs. Wish Peter many happy miles and smiles.
Thanks JD, maybe he'll get around to a few adventures in his, as you've done in yours.......

Her XE is red. Absolutely no idea what red, or even if they did more than one, LOL.

I think the red really suits the car, esp with a dark interior (which is always my preference)
Absolutely Jamie, with you on the darker interior on this, Peter wanted that too, but really came round to the two tone

Jim

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Absolutely Jamie, with you on the darker interior on this, Peter wanted that too, but really came round to the two tone
Certainly not against the 2 tone - the last brand new car I bought was red, and I went for a similar red/black interior (in cloth, I think my views on leather are known well enough). Although I'm not as fond of 2 tone interiors as I was, a sign of age perhaps?

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Certainly not against the 2 tone - the last brand new car I bought was red, and I went for a similar red/black interior (in cloth, I think my views on leather are known well enough). Although I'm not as fond of 2 tone interiors as I was, a sign of age perhaps?
Well put and kinda where I'm at I suppose.

I quite like the look of some of them myself, maybe an instant, brief reaction, but don't think I'd want to live with it myself personally

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
I never thought about having a car with two tone seats, just hasn't cropped up I suppose, but they do seem to suit the XE.

I guess for me it would be down the two colours involved with the seating as well as any distraction present with fabric/leather patterns or embellishments, combined with the other interior colours, design and accessories.

All-in-all though I can appreciate and admire from afar, but not something I would consider having myself, you never know though :giggle: then again, I would have to convince my bestest friend we need another car, so that's a NO then :cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoy and JimC64

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I quite like the look of some of them myself, maybe an instant, brief reaction, but don't think I'd want to live with it myself personally
Exactly this.

We bust be getting old together Mr C64 (and you as well, Miss R351) 🤣

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly this.

We bust be getting old together Mr C64 (and you as well, Miss R351) 🤣
Absolutely Jamie

Had some news from Pentland, looks like Peter's XE will be going in to have the issues resolved on Wednesday next week, probably have it for 2 or 3 days I reckon

He will get the salesmans car, probably another XE or XF I'd imagine and on brand at least, I think the thoughts of an F Type are way out there lol

In other news we got Incontrol Remote Premium setup today, previous owner off the system and Peter added.

He's lovin' it generally

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts