Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Jack up the drivers rear wheel and support on an axle stand or ramps if you have some. Next to the rear wheel underneath the car you will see the fuel filter. Dead easy to remove the pipes just press the tabs in on the clip and pull off, be careful and get a jug or something to catch the petrol which will still be in the filter. Light up a ***. (joke!! :D) Undo the 8 or 10mm bolt which holds the thing up there, then slide it out of the bracket.

Refit new filter making sure its the right way (should be arrowed for flow) tighten up bolt, refit pipes making sure they click back onto the filter.

Give your key a couple of on off's to prime and fill up the filter. Job done, wash hands and put the kettle on. Send kids up to bed, prepare the missus for an early night :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello sorry to hijack your thread a bit , but how often are you supposed to change the petrol filter?
Regards james

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I'm not exact on the required milage it needs to be changed, quality of petrol would have an impact tho. Say about every 30 odd thousand miles?? Complete guess, someone else maybe able to give a definate answer

Ryan

·
Registered
642 Posts
It only takes 5 minutes to change and costs a fiver so its well worth it. I did post a how to guide on here when I did mine with pictures, but it's difficult to search the forum now so I can't find it. Its how jagryan85 described above but I didnt even jack mine up, I just stuck my head underneath the rear door.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Clive w4chw - 10 year old car with 30k on the clock? Seems one has a nice good looked after motor! :D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good on you! Thats an average of 3k a year, and i do that in 2 months of driving! All the best with your motor mate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.