Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been covered before, however I had a 2012 XF today as a loan car and the controls were as they should be.

On my 2011 XF, the phone button mutes the stereo and holding the source button brings up the phone address book! Bizarre :confused:

On the facelift XF today, the phone button brings up the phone menu.

Surely this would be a very simple software update for Jag to do....as all the buttons are there

I know a few people have asked the question about what the phone button does when u don't have Jag voice, it would seem they have finally got it right on the newer model

Thanks all

·
Registered
406 Posts
The other problem is that when you do hold the 'source' button all you get is the phonebook listing with no easy way to get to the number you want, it would be much better if it simply came up with the same screen as you get when pressing the phone button on the touch screen. It's a shame the user can't get into the interface programming and re-code it so suit your own requirements. Also a pity I can't retro fit JaguarVoice

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
You guys really are sweating the details.......................what's wrong with getting the 'phone menu via the home screen? Just becasue a car isn't programmed to your personal spec doesn't mean it has a "problem" !

You will be wanting menu shortcuts on your washing machines next.............lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well I can't speak for the other chap but I wasn't indicating that there was a "problem" just that the way it has been set up is less than ideal and not very intuitive or user friendly, and this is kind of accepted by the manufacturer hence the changes to the newer model. If we just accepted what we had we'd all still be using starting handles (or more likely the wheel would still be waiting to be invented) mind you the roads would be less busy as only the richest sector of society would be able to afford them (which counts me out).

What's a washing machine? I'm sure mine doesn't have the option.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
LOL

I think there are many detail changes between the pre and facelift models so far as software goes, but nowhere near as big as those between different makes. I can think of specific details I really liked on just about every car I ever owned, wish I could incorporate them all in the current one, but it just doesn't work like that................

·
Registered
406 Posts
LOL

I think there are many detail changes between the pre and facelift models so far as software goes, but nowhere near as big as those between different makes. I can think of specific details I really liked on just about every car I ever owned, wish I could incorporate them all in the current one, but it just doesn't work like that................
I know what you mean, I have exactly the same problem with women!
I just wish it were possible to get down to a lower level of detail in the settings so I could configure the car to suit my needs and make the best of what is already there.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
You may find that a good chat with the master technician or whatever they are called at your dealer may reveal rather more customisation possibiliities than we are usually informed about........

·
Registered
4 Posts
all you get is the phonebook listing with no easy way to get to the number you want, it would be much better if it simply came up with the same screen as you get when pressing the phone button on the touch screen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.