Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most disappointed that a post-fit tracker installed on a brand new XE is third party (Trafficmaster Trackstar) and not Jaguar-integrated within InControl Remote. This was not made clear by the dealership when I requested it. Similarly WiFi and Lumber Support Seats are factory-fit options only. I'd have ordered a brand new factory build had I known. The complexity of purchase options and lack of transparency is such that it is getting difficult to disentangle what is standard, optional, post-fit OEM and post-fit third-party!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Surely its obvious that a different type of seat is likely factory fit only?
Well, you probably could change the seat if you wanted, but expect it to be very expensive.

Ignoring the tracker, it seems like you have purchased a car that wasnt right for you.
Not sure what you requested the dealer to fit Tracker wise, but something doesnt sound right.
Did you ask them to reactivate the Jaguar tracker? Or have you just asked for a Tracker, and they found the cheapest option for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very pleased with the car overall and both seating and WiFi were explained at the time, but not the fact that InControl Secure is a factory fit only. I post only as a comment about the pitfalls of limited knowledge. I made an unwitting assumption, that's all, and I will live with the consequences.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I am very pleased with the car overall and both seating and WiFi were explained at the time, but not the fact that InControl Secure is a factory fit only. I post only as a comment about the pitfalls of limited knowledge. I made an unwitting assumption, that's all, and I will live with the consequences.
Admittedly I thought In Control Secure could be added at anytime as well. Not the best dealer youve got there me thinks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.