Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jaguar x type 2001 3ltr v6 is in the garage at the moment and the man is confused!

When breaking hard the car wants to move to the side instead of in a straight line, not good and he can't find the problem.

He's checking the pads etc and it all looks fine so far, :confused: what else should he look at?

any help gratefully received

G

·
Is the piston within the caliper moving properly? try taking the pads out and pressing the brake pedal then push the piston back in, is there a difference between each caliper? - but like peteski says, your mechanic should be more than capable of diagnosing the problem...

G

·
I had a similar issue, to the point that I thought it was bordering on dangerous!
When I bought the car, it had a different type of the cheapest brand of tyre on each wheel. Each tyre had different patterns and different tread depths.
First I had the car 4 wheel aligned.... all in order.
Second, I bought 4 new "Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2" tyres and had the wheels properly balanced afterwards.
This has solved my pulling to the left under braking problems completely - and the grip is fantastic.
So, maybe its something as simple as the tyres?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.