Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Nice one gmann!! You've seen the light and got yourself a V8! Those things are pure thoroughbred through and through. You can imagine what I was like driving Andys XJR around for a while - people don't hesitate to get out of your way, people suddenly start giving you respect on the road and letting you through ect and the looks you will be getting at petty stations from more senior people is priceless! Not so much going from that to an S type now but at least I have the V8 to battle with helps a great deal! Going from an X Type to an XJ is a giant leap forward and if you got back to your X you will feel lost.

Enjoy it while you can mate because we both know it won't last and eventually we'll end up in a friggin electric car one day, but not if we can help it!!!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Hey G glad you are happy mate! That's the first thing I done when I bought my S - Chopped off the back boxes! Don't see the point in having a V8 unless you can hear it!! You'll have to stick up a vid because i want to hear what she sounds like too! The button next to the sport button is the cruise control on/off switch! Press that then set it on the wheel and she should be good to go! Steering is lighter because of no drive to the front wheels and I think you get a better lock too. Pimp her up mate, you know not silly but sweet and subtle mods �� I tend to be gentle on the pedal, not because am scared of breaking anything, because one small slip can send you flying forwards! Kick down though I like to think of as the party piece!! Like you this I my first auto of my 10 year driving career and to be honest I'm loving it! Yes I do miss a manual but I drive them all day long I work so there is nothing better than jumping into a V8 auto and just cruise on home! Not sure about mpg, but I'm getting around 24, 4 more mpg than I was getting out of my X! I put it down to not having to press the gas as much to get it going....plus on the motorway at 70 she sits a tad over 1500 rpm apposed to under 3k!!!

Enjoy her mate

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I think the 3.2's have about 260 bhp? And weight as much as a house. So yeah, your probably right in saying your x would thrash it, it most probably would

But everything I just said above doesn't matter does it

You drive a V8 XJ!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.