Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
I have one too. A long wheel base model one. I bought it for my daughters Prom, and kept it anyway. It's a car I mess about with sometimes when I'm bored, but I should really get shut. Premium sound, huge interior... I find having the windshield so close to the steering wheel rather strainge though after driving modern stuff with acres of plastic between you and the screen. The single wiper takes some getting used to as well. I'm currently chasing a "gearbox fault" intermittant message on mine.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
That button isn't a button if I'm thinking about the same one. It's a cap that you can pull up and then use a screw driver to unlock the thing out of Park if the battery is flat.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
My experience has been that my X would take the V8 to the cleaners, I also tried it aganst a straight 6 XJR and mine comfortably showed that a pair of wheels as well. But that's not what they are about is it? The XJR seemed to spend some time with the traction light flashing, the X didn't it being AWD. It would never be a fair drag race in the wet would it?

But I feel like I'm driving an armchair when I'm in the SJ. It took a while to get used to the windscreen being so close, and the single wiper I can't get on with but it irons the road for you. That's what they do.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
A while back there was a group of us Xbox players all bought Forza 4. I'm not a big fan of these games but we had a few giggles as I always insist on using the "sat in car" view, I've never ever managed to drive a car sat behind and about 8 foot above yet so when I set the races it was in car view only...

Well it got serious, some of us bought steering wheels, some bought seats, some went completely silly and bought a rocking car seat.

I went to a mate of mine and borrowed his steering wheel and pedals set up complete with "flappy paddles" to try out. First corner I came to I promtly fell off the chair into a heap leaning into the curve.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.