101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Thanks Jim, not a bad price at all that!
You might get a further reductio tomorrow, but at £300 I'll be surprised if it drops much more. Keep us posted Jimmy so we know if we got stung. lol

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Will do!

I've also seen the Icarsoft LRV1.0, that seems to reset the oil service indicator, and the V2.0, £101, and £136, I may go for one those if they do the trick.
NOOOOO

Jim

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
Will do!

I've also seen the Icarsoft LRV1.0, that seems to reset the oil service indicator, and the V2.0, £101, and £136, I may go for one those if they do the trick.
The icarsoft WONT rerset the service indicator. I had one of those previously.

Reactions: XJimmy

·
Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,387 Posts
The way it works:

The service interval is 16000

As your service milage is used up, say for example you put in fresh oil at 12000, when you reset the oil service it will only reset to the remainder of the service interval - 12000, so as you eat into your miles to next service so will your oil service level.

The icarsoft will reset your oil if your cars suggested that it's full or if it thinks it's contaminated but only resets to remaining miles on the main service.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The way it works:

The service interval is 16000

As your service milage is used up, say for example you put in fresh oil at 12000, when you reset the oil service it will only reset to the remainder of the service interval - 12000, so as you eat into your miles to next service so will your oil service level.

The icarsoft will reset your oil if your cars suggested that it's full or if it thinks it's contaminated but only resets to remaining miles on the main service.
Ah, thank you for that 🙂

·
Registered
156 Posts
The icarsoft WONT rerset the service indicator. I had one of those previously.
As an aside, I've just updated my iCarsoft LR V3.0 (ready for resetting the battery manager, when I stick the Exide in). I caught sight of "improved service indicator reset" in the changelog, & it included XJs. Wonder if that issues is now fixed?

Also my "service required" message has just come on. Does anyone know if there's a way of resetting just the timer? I don't want to reset the oil quality counter, as it's got a few hundred miles on it now. There seems to be a "service indicator" reset and oil service reset option on the three tools I have access too - it's not clear if the service one also does the oil (I assume it does, so will just have to wait until I next change the oil).

·
Registered
Jaguar XJ 2016
11 Posts
Hell all,

I am planning to carry out my first Oil Change... I am wondering what Oil Filter you recommend? as in a Genuine Jaguar part or a copy one? also what Oil? I know that it has to be 5W-30, but are some of the cheaper brands OK to use safely?
It would be nice if you could add a 'Link' to the products to save me making any mistakes.

Cheers.

Reactions: #steve and JimC64

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Hell all,

I am planning to carry out my first Oil Change... I am wondering what Oil Filter you recommend? as in a Genuine Jaguar part or a copy one? also what Oil? I know that it has to be 5W-30, but are some of the cheaper brands OK to use safely?
It would be nice if you could add a 'Link' to the products to save me making any mistakes.

Cheers.
See here

Jim

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Any oil filter will do, as long as it fits. The older LR parts are easier/cheaper to source. Or if in a hurry, Euroshite's Crosland ones - but you'll pay for the convenience, even with a 50% never ending sale.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hell all,

Cheers.
Personally I would only use a genuine Jaguar oil filter and they are available online for reasonable prices (typically £10-15 in the UK).
As for oil, you need to use fully synthetic oil approved to the appropriate Jaguar specification for your model and year. This should be detailed in the car's handbook. Once you know the specification you can look online for a good price. I get my oil from Opie Oils (I have no connection with this company but I've found they offer good service and quick delivery). On their website you can put in the car's registration number and it will recommend a suitable oil - though I've found this not to be foolproof so you do need to cross-check against the specification given in the car's handbook.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I’m very much with the genuine filter theme, based on the slight extra on-cost giving the best possible peace of mind. Crossland filters were once a very well respected brand. As I understand it, the brand name was bought by ECP, and their organisation is now the sole supplier. We are all different, but for right or for wrong Crossland filters would be at the bottom of my buying list.
I’m with Mr.Kis and would insist that the oil used is stated to satisfy the quoted JLR spec. Incase it helps, I will be using Millers oil in the XF, following earlier recommendations on the forum.

·
Registered
Jaguar XJ 2016
11 Posts
Last week I saw a video of someone carrying out an oil change and I am sure that it was on this forum, does anybody know where it is? I think that he spent more time drinking coffee than doing the work, so a typical Jag owner.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts