Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in this X150 forum of rattles from dash, suspension and exhaust. But I have a different rattle, from behind and only when top is up, so I assume it's from the top scaffolding. Has anybody else? And does anyone know how to maybe get to the rods and connections etc without tearing the top apart?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a similar rattle, and I eventually tracked it down to the magnetic catch at the end of the seatbelt retaining strap at the top corner of the seat backrest. Try lifting up the strap off its locating metal tab and see if the rattle goes. Good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a rattle in rear passenger side from top - noticed after I went down a cobblestone road. Don't drive with top up that much so I've done nothing about it. Now that it's cold, the stereo has been my remedy. Likely wait until spring to dive into what it might be...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know this may sound nuts, but check that the heat shield above the rear exhaust box hasn't dropped down - mine had and rattled at low speed over bumps. It sounded like it was coming from inside and took me ages to track down....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.