Rear Brake Conversion

lovell racing

Reaction score
Does anybody know what car the 4 pot calipers come from in the conversion kit that some dealers are selling?

Cheers
Ray

lovell racing

Reaction score

Sorry they are 2 pot

piman

Reaction score
Hello Ray,

I would say it depends on what your existing brakes are like?
Replacement cylinders add up in price so this conversion may be more economical. I wouldn't say that the original Dunlops are unreliable though? Although I doubt that the extra size of pad will make much real difference, in theory it could upset the front rear balance unless the fronts are also changed?

Alec

lovell racing

Reaction score
Hi Alec,
They came in box of bits with the car. They are pretty rusty and would need vapour blasting and a seal kit at the very least! so probably cheaper to replace. I've got some large calipers to go on the front

cass3958

Reaction score
There are a couple of older brake calipers that have been used for converting the Mk2 but I thought these were just for the fronts. These being the calipers from a Volvo Amazon and the four pots from an Austin princess, the wedge shaped one. Very rare to find any of these now a days as second hand. Also for the fronts you can stick with Jaguar and fit the three pot calipers from the 420. Not sure about the rears and getting the handbrake to work though.

lovell racing

Reaction score
I've ended up with a good set of original Dunlop calipers that im going to re-kit with all new seals. I've go some nice 4 pot Zeus calipers for the front with some EBC grooved discs, so Brakes now sorted thanks.