philayl1

Reaction score
Have a look here it might help, this is the rears being changed. Phil

Neilr

Super Moderator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Most single-piece brake discs just locate on the wheel studs if you have them like we do on current Jaguars. Jaguar supply a couple of toothed-washers which are spun onto one or more studs to hold the disc more or less in place as you bolt everything up. Some disc have a couple of small screws instead, especially those that fit over hubs without studs.

OzJagXFS

Reaction score
On most modern Jag discs there are two small retaining washers, one on each of two of the five wheel studs.
They are there purely to hold the disc in place before you mount the wheel and they are not essential.
They can be a bit pesky to remove or replace as they are thin and fragile and you need to lever a couple of tangs up to get them off, then use a screwdriver to "knock" rotate the washers off.
They can be a trap for young players trying to remove a disc as they are not obvious at first glance.

maxispeed 275

Reaction score
On most modern Jag discs there are two small retaining washers, one on each of two of the five wheel studs.
They are there purely to hold the disc in place before you mount the wheel and they are not essential.
They can be a bit pesky to remove or replace as they are thin and fragile and you need to lever a couple of tangs up to get them off, then use a screwdriver to "knock" rotate the washers off.
They can be a trap for young players trying to remove a disc as they are not obvious at first glance.
Cheers for your input i got one side done last night but really struggled getting that big nut off in the middle then when i got it off thought damn that is the drive shaft nut and i didn't need to take it off them 2 little washers i got them off and didn't replace them so to crack on with the other side later today. Thanks again. Ray

Phil F

Reaction score
Cheers for your input i got one side done last night but really struggled getting that big nut off in the middle then when i got it off thought damn that is the drive shaft nut and i didn't need to take it off them 2 little washers i got them off and didn't replace them so to crack on with the other side later today. Thanks again. Ray
Make sure the hub/drive shaft nut is done up to spec and add a drop of threaad lock to be on the safe side.