Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,289 Posts
The Nav System and Touchscreen on the X-Type does not have the composite video input that would be required to connect a reverse camera.

However, you could get a composite to RGB converter and relays (triggered from the reverse light) and wire it inline with the rgb signal cables coming out of the DVD navigation unit in the boot. You're possibly looking upwards of £50-£100 for the converter. You may also need a voltage regulator to power the converter, if it requires a 5V supply.

Note: a universal RGB video interface is not necessary. You can use just a basic composite to rgb converter and a couple of relays to handle the rgb signal switching

I just wired rear (and front) camera into the composite inputs on my JagDroid-upgraded Touchscreen. :) And fitted the rear camera on the underside of my boot plinth.

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,289 Posts
Nice job Mark 👍 I hummed and ha’d about an external rear mounting but in the end went for the internal option. Gives a good clear view.
I have a Nextbase rear camera module fitted high on my rear window connected to my main front facing 622GW dashcam, but only for dashcam recording.

With the external reverse camera linked to JagDroid, the Touchscreen shows the rear view when reverse is selected, or when the cam is manually selected by double pressing the rear window heater button. Sometimes useful to look behind even when not in reverse :) Can select the front camera (mounted in front bumper) by double pressing the windscreen heater button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts