Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all;

My front sensors work fine, but when I select reverse i get the fault tone and the overhead console switch goes red. If i press the console switch the red light will go off.
None of the rear sensors are ticking. Booked into my local garage today and they have somehow tested the sensors and say the sensors are not causing the problem. They are checking the parking sensor module and cabling tomorrow.
My question is if the parking sensor module located in the boot is faulty, would this cause the front sensors to fail as well? Could a faulty parking sensor module just cause either the front or rears to fail. The garage seems ok as i had front parking sensors fail in the past and they changed the culprit sensor to get the system working again.

Any comments or suggestions which may help the garage as it is non Jag but i have known them for over the last 20 years.

Thanks Gos

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed to get the problem diagnosed with another garage to be the outer drivers side rear sensor, my question is can this sensor be replaced without removing the bumper?
Looking forward to the STR 10th Anniversary celebration coming soon, will be a nice day out.

All members have a good bank holiday

Gos

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi Gos, not tried this myself but yes, apparantly the two outer rear Sensors can be replaced without removing the Bumper, remove the rear lights cluster within the Boot for access. Did you try checking the gap between the square and the outer ring of the Sensor for dirt, cleaning between with a fine brush, piece of paper or hoover.

Doug.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all

Has anyone tried removing the rear drivers side light cluster on the S type so i may gain access to the rear outer parking sensor which needs changing. Is it difficult to do, a job i may be able to tackle myself, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Gos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.