Red Badges?

Mean Mr Mustard

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Is there a reason such as higher spec, that some but not all Jaguars have red Growler badges?
Just that I'm thinking of picking out my grille badge with Humbrol 19 - far easier and cheaper than removing and refitting - unless that would get me drummed out of the forum, for shame.

And replacing the wheel badges, come wheel refurb time. And, for X351, I see that Red calipers are a factory thing too. Mmmm...

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Is there a reason such as higher spec, that some but not all Jaguars have red Growler badges?
Yes. Such as higher spec.
Just that I'm thinking of picking out my grille badge with Humbrol 19 - far easier and cheaper than removing and refitting - unless that would get me drummed out of the forum, for shame.
Nope - the guys round here love improvers. Post pictures as you go.

And replacing the wheel badges, come wheel refurb time.
Replace them any time, they are only £20 each. Be aware that some of the more demanding will insist that you point the growler's chin at the valve.

And, for X351, I see that Red calipers are a factory thing too. Mmmm...
No they chuffing-well aren't. Unless you buy one of they gaudy "R"s.

JimC64

Reaction score

And replacing the wheel badges, come wheel refurb time. And, for X351, I see that Red calipers are a factory thing too. Mmmm...
Have whatever you want MM although they will suit your car, cost around £80 probably to do the grille badge and wheels all round, will look good

Do whatever you want on the calipers, red, silver etc etc, but a clean up and a fresh coat of paint lacquer, combines with new centre caps, clean wheels etc will really make her pop.

Jim

Thunderace7

Reaction score
I believe that factory fit red calipers were part of the kit that includes the boot spoiler and front valance extension. I have them on my car along with red badges. But it is a red car.