Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past couple of years I've had problems with both fobs working/not working with no discernable pattern.

One day recently they both decided that they were working so I invested a couple of quid on Fleabay and bought some new rubber inserts to make them look all smart again and some new batteries. All was well for a couple of days and then one of them went on strike, closely followed by the other. Batteries changed again but to no avail, I was reduced to unlocking the car manually then quickly doing the ignition thing so my passengers don't set the alarm off. How retro :roll:

Imagine my surprise then when one morning everything sprung back into life. Everything worked. Well chuffed..... for about a week. The other fob is still useless but the one I've been using would now only unlock the car, nothing else. Ah well, I can live with that, it's not the end of the world but...

About a week ago on my way out to work, I plipped the remote like you do. the car made all the right noises and flashed all the right lights but it was still locked. I manually unlocked it, did the ignition thing and then decided I'd try it again. Sure enough the car remained resolutely locked and no amount of prodding and poking at the fob would unlock it.

At this point I gave up. The car is 10 years old and whatever piece of electrical pixie dust controls the locks is probably buggered and also probably expensive to replace.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this, I'm willing to listen otherwise I'll keep on doing things manually.

Embarrassing for a Jag though :evil:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have you searched this forum?
Plenty of advice if you look.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Vigo try Fingaz Fobs on Ebay ( jaguar Xtype key fob repair)
Did mine two years ago and still working perfectly, Peterw

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I'm with JagSe on this one - there's been a rash of these incidents of late. My money's on one of the key shutters sticking or the driver's door module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.