Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Please help!! My key fobs aren't working! (Not sure whether its since the batteries have been changed or not because I've been using the key manually for a month or so thinking it maybe something more serious!!)

Is there a way to program the keys manually? I've seen somewhere if you turn the ignition on/off 8 times, then press a button on the for when the ignition is on for the 9th time it re-programmes it, but I can't get it to work?

Any other suggestions would be hugely appreciated, thank you

PS- I really cant afford to go to the dealers so help really would be much appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi
Do a quick check that the little flap in the ignition keyhole is closing properly when you remove the key. If it doesn't it inhibits reception from the keyfobs. Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks gents.
I followed the 1st reply from barney100golf (manual programming), before seeing other peoples replies (This was over a week ago). Obvoiusly it dodn't work as I now know this is for X Typres, but what it has done is cause even more problems. Because I tried it several times, as advised, now all that happens is when Im using the car the screen just comes on/off/on/off/on/off constantly. This means I cant use the satnav/radio/climate control etc. Very annoying! I have disconnected the battery for an hour or so but reconnected and its still doing it. Any ideas how I can stop it? It has been doing it constantly for well over a week, on/off/on/off/on/off!

Thanks in advance, much appreciated, Ben

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all- The screen is still flashing on/off on/off constantly after following barney100golf (manual programming) advice. Has anyone any ideas how I can rectify it please. (Other than disconnecting the battery which I've tried several times).

Thanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.