Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am looking to change my windscreen washer pump as a preventative measure to avoid the water wicking issue - my understanding is replacing the pump with an updated one, prevents the wicking issue. But my question is does anyone know the part number for the new pump for the Sportbrake? I have found ones for the saloon but not for the Sportbrake, which has 2 outlets due to the rear wiper. Any help and/or advice welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
983 Posts
To be honest Rick, now that you mention it I think I've only ever heard people saying about the saloon one having the extra 'rubber' seal in the connector?..

The Sportbrake part number was updated but I know not why..

Have you spliced yet?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pete, no not spliced yet. Other posts I have read suggest if the updated pump is fitted there is no need to bugger about with the wiring. I have found a supplier for the pump but he cannot confirm if it is the updated one or not, just that it is an aftermarket one. I don't think he was aware of the wicking issue...

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I wonder if this from the parts catalogue shows the old and new parts.
FROM VIN S61362 - TO VIN U43349
C2Z22059C2Z30986£122.99 in

There’s also a pipe heading to the rear wash that can detach and soak a junction box. Worth looking into that too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@MrKis it looks like you could be correct. The 1st link says the part has been superseded, so it looks like the 2nd link is the correct updated one with part number C2Z30986. Many thanks for this info and for the tip about the pipe to the rear.

·
Registered
2020 Seat Ateca 2.0T FR 4Drive
656 Posts
Reactions: RickG2021

·
Registered
882 Posts
To be honest Rick, now that you mention it I think I've only ever heard people saying about the saloon one having the extra 'rubber' seal in the connector?..

The Sportbrake part number was updated but I know not why..

Have you spliced yet?
The Sporbrake pump incorporates a valve that direct the flow to the rear screen whereas the saloon only washes the front screen. It works by reversing the rotation of the pump so flow from pump will close appropriate valve.
Sportbrake pump easily identified by the two outlet nipples
The pumps are the same as the pumps used in Ford cars . Buying a Ford unit is much cheaper than the Jag equivalent ( same item in a different box with a bigger price on it !)
Fit a capillary break in the wiring at same time as changing pump to protect from the dreaded water through the loom issues.
Spotbrake pumps on ebay for around £12 Ford monde (same pump) from £5 .
Be careful when ordering as many are listed for the Sporbrake but are clearly single outlet for saloon cars.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply Phil. I read on other forums that the washer pumps were updated which prevented the wicking problem and I thought if I fitted an updated pump I wouldn't have to fiddle about with the wiring, putting a break in as you suggest. However, the issue is I am struggling to find out if the pumps for the sportbrake with the 2 outlets available now are the updated ones. Hence me asking if anyone knew a part number. I have found one but the supplier cannot confirm so I guess I may have to do the wiring break as well just in case.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK so next question, what is the easiest and most effective way of putting a capillary break in the wiring?

·
Registered
882 Posts
The simplest way is to simply fit some crimp on connectors. This break in the wires pvc coating will stop the capillary action. I made a capillary beak using a pair of deans connectors but any connector will do providing it doesn't have seals on it the that are supposed to prevent water ingress bur also in this case prevent egress.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the reply Phil. Where is the best place to do this, behind the wheel arch liner between the pump and the car body?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes . Plenty of room in there.

Reactions: RickG2021

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Phil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts