Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I’ve just bought an old Austin, and in the dim and distant past, it had an xk engine installed which is seized ( I was unaware of this when I bought the car blindly off e bay, but that’s another story)

I’m quite a novice mechanic and am not very knowledgable about how to go forward in getting a reasonably priced replacement. Looking around, it’ll be to the tune of 3k to rebuild this. I’ve been looking at other xks and people are asking big money for those too.

If any of you gents have any helpful suggestions on how to sort this out out/where to look for a replacement (and what I should be paying) or any other ideas (perhaps a later engine, but then different mounting points and getting into Ecu territory, which would be more work) then I’d be really grateful.

Parrot

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Parrotface, welcome to the forum. Do you know why the engine siezed because it could be something simple or something more serious. Which Austin has it been put in too.

Roger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Parrotface, welcome to the forum. Do you know why the engine siezed because it could be something simple or something more serious. Which Austin has it been put in too.

Roger
Hi Roger,

Many thanks for the welcome. I too have an estate x type, 2.2d. ****** brilliant underrated car!!! Best car I've had so far by a long chalk. Moves like Jagger too ;)

The car that the xk is in, is a Austin Sheerline (1952). I've no idea of the history of it, as the guy who sold it to me, really didn't describe the fact it was seized!!

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.