Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone can give a headsup on this
X Type 2003/4 SE
I have fitted the drivers side wing mirror 7 wire and checked the operation of the powerfold motor (still waiting for passager side to be delivered)
Fitted powerfold switch and powerfold relay
Already have the 7 wire looms in the doors aswell as fuses 40 and 46 in place.
When I touch the powerfold switch I can hear the relay click and after about 10-15 seconds click again but the mirror does not move.
There is no continuity between the blue and white wires from each door and the relay contacts, do these cables run through another relay ?
Any help would be welcome

·
Administrator
9,737 Posts
I did this modification about 18 months ago now, all the wiring was already there in the door looms, I just inserted the brown powerfold relay into the fusebox, plugged the mirror and new powerfold switchpack and it all worked. Have you checked the obvious, like the motor itself with a 12v feed to see if it works. You got the correct powerfold relay? Should be brown and actually says powerfold on the relay itself.

There is no other relay in the system for it to work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes checked the motor with a power supply and its a proper powerfold relay.
On the wiring diagram I have it shows there should be continity between the blue and the white cables in each door and to the relay but checking this with a meter I don't have any ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like mine is abit of a heinz 57
7 cable door looms but when I disconnect the drivers side loom at the back of the door there are no pins in the car loom to connect to the terminals for the powerfold cables in the door loom ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update
Even if you have 7 CORE DOOR LOOMS
Before you buy your powerfold mirrors, relay and switch check if you have a blue and a white cable in the blue plug that goes into the back of the passenger side fuse box. Read Prisoners wright up on X Type Auto fold mirrors. (you will see the picture of the blue plug)

Mine did'nt
You will have to wire 2 cables in to each door from the relay to the contact points in the socket were the wing mirror plugs in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.