Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2000 Jaguar Stype, When the engine is on, in parking mode, I tried to rev up the engine. Nut the RPM only went up to 3000 RPM. It won't pass 3000. IT was not like that before. Could it be a one of the intake sensor ? Please help, thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Do revs work ok when driving, fly by wire system may not let it free rev.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
as Stefan says......if its an auto...its a safety thing to protect the gearbox in park...it will NOT rev passed that in park :shock:

·
Registered
171 Posts
colin11 said:
as Stefan says......if its an auto...its a safety thing to protect the gearbox in park...it will NOT rev passed that in park :shock:

ours does, did it again the other day and it happily bounced off the limiter

tis a 3.0 auto in park

·
Registered
911 Posts
My old 3.0 V6 SE didnt go over 3000RPM also says in the handbook, in park,but my STR does rev over,is this right for the STR?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
The Ford 5-speed box would limit the revs to 3000 to prevent damage. The ZF 6-speed box disconnects completely and will let the engine do what it wants.

Who on earth in their right mind revs an engine in neutral is beyond me though.

·
Registered
10,077 Posts
smorris_12 said:
Nope :wink:. High revs on an unloaded engine is Not A Good Thing.
The man is correct. I cannot think of one valid reason for a person wanting to do something like that. Might sound great, but so does an engine block when the side suddenly gets a big hole in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.