Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the xj have a feature to set the door mirrors to dip down when reverse is selected as I can't find it if they do. Quite necessary when you live in a city for parking.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does the xj have a feature to set the door mirrors to dip down when reverse is selected as I can't find it if they do. Quite necessary when you live in a city for parking.
Yes, you can make passenger, driver or both! But, it requires plugging into the Jaguar computer stuff (Don't know the technical name!!) I got my indie to do my passenger mirror when last there!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My 07 TDVi dips the passenger mirror, which I agree, is very useful. Can the driver's side mirror be programmed to do so as well? I done see anything in the owner's manual or workshop manual on this. Some special code, somewhere?
Kim
2007 XJ6 TDVi Midnight & Camel, 37K KM

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The other way to do it is with the seat memory settings.

Set 1 as your regular driving positions, 2 as same with the passenger mirror dipped, 3 with both dipped.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The other way to do it is with the seat memory settings.

Set 1 as your regular driving positions, 2 as same with the passenger mirror dipped, 3 with both dipped.
well ive been wanting to have this facility forever. just tried it on my s type and it works a treat . thanks cambo!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cambo..more like CAN DO

cheers chief will go see my indie pal this weekend and see where the settings are in ids or whatever its called?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Just programmed mine for dipped at memory 2. It's so simple I dont know why I didn't think of it before. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
think I need to learn how to do this as my car ignores the memory buttons once the engine is running?

If I choose before it starts fine but not after. Idiot guide anyone as I have already RTFM and am none the wiser?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Can't take credit for it, someone else's brilliant idea from the X-Type forum a while back...
Also seen this idea a long while ago on OOF (Omega Forum)

My '04 XJ6 dips passenger mirror when put in reverse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.