Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 4.0 s type.the problem is that the reverse sensor switch.(which is on the roof next to the sun roof switch).the light wont go off even when pressed.which means when i put into reverse the sensors are off.and it wont bleep.how do i turn this switch off? .so my reverse sensors work.

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Either you have a problem with the switch or, more likely, a problem with the parking system. Check the module in the boot is not damp and has no signs of water ingress.
Then check the sensors on the bumper, they should click if working correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks i will have a look.when put into reverse with engine off you can hear the sensors clicking.so they are all working.its just the button inside wont turn off.so i think with the button light on it must turn the beeping off

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
You only have the switch if you have both front and rear sensors.
When both front and rear parking assist
are fitted, a switch is located in the
overhead console.
Pressing the switch turns front and rear
parking assist on or off together. The
integral switch warning light will come on
when the system is turned off or if a fault
is detected in the system. A switch is not
provided when only rear parking assist is
fitted.
Perhaps you have a front sensor problem too.

Roger

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Well thats mad coz it has the switch in the roof.but it only has rear sensors on it.there arnt any in front bumper.
The details came from the 2004 handbook.
It could be that the front bumper has been replaced without sensors but as we do not know the history of your car I cannot say.
It would be helpful if you could update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box.

Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.