Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughter just bought a Toyota Yaris which has a reversing camera and it is superb as I have difficulty turning round to look behind.
Is it possible to use the standard nav screen as a monitor and just fit a camera?

G

·
others have posted that If you want to fit a rear view camera you will need the video integration module sold by NavTV. That has a specific input for rear view cameras that switches the video input when you put the car in reverse (although it can be switched manually if preferred), unfortunately the links to the posts on this are now missing since the upgrade

this site may help S-Type | NAV TV - Leader in OEM Video Integration

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
On an interesting side note - I fitted a reversing camera to my S-Type, not directly relevant to the original question as I removed the jaguar stereo and have a superb kenwood system instead that supports reversing cameraas right out of the box.

However, the point I wanted to bring up was that I bought a 25mm round camera with IR LEDs for mine, and I thought memebers may like to know that it fits right into the space where the boot release button usually sits without any need to drill. I don't think you need the exterior boot button, as you can open the boot from the dashboard or key fob, or even by key in an emergency, so I was willing to forgo this one extra button. It does have a nice "original" look to it now, and not needing to drill the boot is a definite advantage !

Beware of the depth however, the camera needs to be very shallow or it will foul on the aluminium skin itself

I will post pics if anyone is curious

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
It will be nice to see out of curiosity dave658..also lets know if you manage to fit a camera B16JOP

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, I fitted a camera using the Nav Tv module as Barney described, using the standard screen as a display. It makes hitching up the caravan a breeze. As well as using the reverse function, you can also feed in another video source, for example films from an iPhone. Fitting is quite simple, the hardest part was plucking up the courage to splice into the navigation wiring loom.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So in addition to the Digital tuner, I'd need to find an analogue module. I assume that the analogue module will plug into my current screen somhow and the option will appear in the Menu screen for TV?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Polarity issues Fitting Rear View Camera on S Type Jag

On similar lines to this discussion and having bought a Kenwood multi media centre I fitted a rear view camera to my 2004 S Type. I couldn't get it to work, it was only when a forum member described in detail how to connect the camera as the reverse circuit is permanently live and is switched to ground when reverse is selected. (Thanks to the member who unfortunately I can't give credit too as I have lost the thread). However, I have attached a PDF outlining how I did it and it now works perfectly well.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
As to installing TV - as above, when the TV option was fitted - it received and analogue signal - but all TV signals in the UK are now digital - and Jaguar do not produce a digital module for the S-Type. You would need to install the video integration module, then a digital TV tuner that connects through this - trouble is - I don't see an audio feed on the VIM!

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
when I fitted my reversing camera, I used a device called CANM8 which allowed me to get the signals I needed for the kenwood headunit from the CAN bus - possible easier alternative for anyway considering this job

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi - i have just purchased one of these Nav TV units - the coulour coded wires and install instructions do not match the colours of the wires on my car - Nav TV support are almost useless - do you have any tips for the install ?

any info appreciated.

Jag s-type 2005 2.7 Diesel

·
Registered
7 Posts
On an interesting side note - I fitted a reversing camera to my S-Type, not directly relevant to the original question as I removed the jaguar stereo and have a superb kenwood system instead that supports reversing cameraas right out of the box.

However, the point I wanted to bring up was that I bought a 25mm round camera with IR LEDs for mine, and I thought memebers may like to know that it fits right into the space where the boot release button usually sits without any need to drill. I don't think you need the exterior boot button, as you can open the boot from the dashboard or key fob, or even by key in an emergency, so I was willing to forgo this one extra button. It does have a nice "original" look to it now, and not needing to drill the boot is a definite advantage !

Beware of the depth however, the camera needs to be very shallow or it will foul on the aluminium skin itself

I will post pics if anyone is curious
Hiya Dave658, I know its been a while since your post, but if you still have any info/pics I would be grateful. I am about to take possession of a 2001 S Type and fancy fitting a reversing camera. I will be using a separate stand alone monitor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't know if this will help but have a look at my post 29/01/14 "Successful Reverse Camera interface with Touch Screen". I used the NavTool interface product (not the NavTV product) to connect the camera via the SatNav unit to the standard display screen in the car, the same screen as used for TV.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Pingers,
I'm going to fit the NAVTV, and have the same problem, mine is a 2007 car with navigation.
Didi you sort-out the right schematics meanwhile?
It would be greatly helpful

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Not sure whereabouts you are B16JOP but I've had digital TV fitted with has an auto switching function rear camera as well by this company
Home | Car Audio | Kent | Enhance Ice
they cover most of the South east.
The system works perfectly and has no adverse effect on the s type screen functions

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.