Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now owned my XK for 10 months now and have just noticed when reversing towards a shop window only one reversing light is working. Can anyone tell me if both reversing lights should work on UK spec cars as I don't have any message on the dash of any blown bulbs?

·
Administrator
10,096 Posts
Simple answer is that the 4.2 tail lights had one reverse light and one rear fog light. 5.0L models had redesigned LED rear lights and had 2 of each instead. So no, one isn’t broken or out as you only have one to start with.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I find this incredible on a Jaguar flagship car. A Lada perhaps, but not a Jag! Was one extra lamp really too expensive to put on a £65K car?

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I recall correctly - at the time the X150 was developed Jaguar and it’s owner Ford were in severe financial difficulty which may explain the “ones enough” approach. Just an opinion though :)

·
Administrator
10,096 Posts
They did correct the issue for the 5.0L cars with new LED tail lights. They can be retrofitted if you’re good with electrics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.