Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a small issue with the headlight units that I was unable to solve.
I have imported 2004 jaguar XJ6 to Georgia from Japan. It is RHD and everything seems fine except the headlights.
The headlights are halogen, with usual H7 bulbs in it, but i could not find anything that could let me regulate the direction of the strobe. Any suggestions?

Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
Most cars have handed headlight units and cannot be switched. It is usual to just swap the headlight units for LHD ones but this is usually not the cheapest.

I don't believe that I remember seeing anything about being able to switch these but I may be wrong. Even if it is possible it is usually just a temporary fix for holidays as they just block the curb-side rise. It would probably not pass the usual annual tests as the beam pattern would be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer!
I thought there might be a kit or some parts available to be changed instead of whole units for this job. The glass in front is absolutely transparent, so there is just the position of the bulb that affects the direction of the strobe...

Headlight units from X350 are really expensive for 15 year old car :(

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
Apparently projector lenses often do just have a shield that you may be able to rotate and refit. I think it might be worth digging a bit deeper and finding out if it is worth dismantling the units and doctoring them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I did the conversion in reverse (LHD to RHD) when I imported my car from the UAE. I don't believe it is possible to adjust the direction. I bought a pair of second-hand units. I just scrapped the LHD set last week! (I had them in the attic for 4 years)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I found a company on the internet a while ago offering to change RHD xenon units to LHD - apparently it involved opening up the light cluster and modifying it fairly extensively, and as a result they charged around €400. I suspect it would be a lot simpler to just buy a set of LHD lights, and then maybe sell your old RHD ones on eBay UK to get a bit of your money back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.